• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Recent Cenk Akyol Video

KB21

if Billy had drafted Deron then he wouldn't have his hands tied going into this draft.

Billy Knight has absolutely zero leverage on a trade at the top of this draft if Alridge isn't available when they pick. other teams have to know his hands are tied.

anyhow i digress....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Read it.

Quote:

I think we have exhausted the discussion on Marvin. I think a more interesting question is Paul or Deron.

I was firmly in Deron's corner until I heard Byron Scott Gushing over Paul.

I think both Paul and Williams are head and shoulders above Felton as Williams proved in the Bobcat workout earlier this month.

I love Williams' defense and Pure PG ability.

I love Paul's offense and speed.

It's a hard choice. I listen to Scott because while he praised Williams also, he actually got out on the floor with Paul and talked about his speed, his strength, and his control. When you watch Paul you see his control and his speed, but the strength is an aspect that you sometimes miss.

I have always believed that Paul would be the biggest star to come out of this draft and now I'm starting to wonder, why not us? Seriously, Paul could be the Mike Vick of the NBA for the Hawks...

Can you see..

Paul, Smoove, Chill, and Al on the break?

Definitely read this...

Quote:

Here's the main problem. I don't think anybody is saying that we need the PG to make the team a playoff team next season (although that very well could happen).. I think what you miss and what you try to deny is how good these guys (Paul, Williams) are. KB, you spend a lot of time talking up and making up stuff about M. Williams BUT the truth is that he's not as good as you say. When you look at the PGs, they are more than a temporary fix, these guys could be the top 2 PGs in the league in 3 yrs. So you're talking about a leader for the team. Also, Sfs will come and will go, but a PG has the capability of making a team a championship team. That's why it's so interesting that you would continue to trumpet that Williams is a better pick for us.. Because mainly..

1. We have a developing star at Sf.

2. We have a serious need for a PG or C.

3. These PGs are top of the line.

It was so embarrassing reading the article on Bogut this morning. He named off what the team could be if he came and he said.. "Tyrone Lue at the PG"... or whatever the Hawks can do at PG. Everybody knows that Lue is BU material that shouldn't be starting. To grab one of these guys would be the start of what could be a dynasty.

On too many occassions, when I said Deron, I also said Paul.

I said it and told you to quote me... that Paul would turn out to be ROY and that Deron would turn out be Better than Jason Kidd. Half of that is about the happen.

• Moderators

You definitely favored Deron Williams for the Hawks at the time of the draft. I agree totally that had Deron been gone you would have promoted Paul over Marvin. However, it would be disingenous to suggest that you would have taken Paul over Deron based on all your posts at the time.

Quote:

Read it.

Quote:

I think we have exhausted the discussion on Marvin. I think a more interesting question is Paul or Deron.

I was firmly in Deron's corner until I heard Byron Scott Gushing over Paul.

I think both Paul and Williams are head and shoulders above Felton as Williams proved in the Bobcat workout earlier this month.

I love Williams' defense and Pure PG ability.

I love Paul's offense and speed.

It's a hard choice. I listen to Scott because while he praised Williams also, he actually got out on the floor with Paul and talked about his speed, his strength, and his control. When you watch Paul you see his control and his speed, but the strength is an aspect that you sometimes miss.

I have always believed that Paul would be the biggest star to come out of this draft and now I'm starting to wonder, why not us? Seriously, Paul could be the Mike Vick of the NBA for the Hawks...

Can you see..

Paul, Smoove, Chill, and Al on the break?

Definitely read this...

Quote:

Here's the main problem. I don't think anybody is saying that we need the PG to make the team a playoff team next season (although that very well could happen).. I think what you miss and what you try to deny is how good these guys (Paul, Williams) are. KB, you spend a lot of time talking up and making up stuff about M. Williams BUT the truth is that he's not as good as you say. When you look at the PGs, they are more than a temporary fix, these guys could be the top 2 PGs in the league in 3 yrs. So you're talking about a leader for the team. Also, Sfs will come and will go, but a PG has the capability of making a team a championship team. That's why it's so interesting that you would continue to trumpet that Williams is a better pick for us.. Because mainly..

1. We have a developing star at Sf.

2. We have a serious need for a PG or C.

3. These PGs are top of the line.

It was so embarrassing reading the article on Bogut this morning. He named off what the team could be if he came and he said.. "Tyrone Lue at the PG"... or whatever the Hawks can do at PG. Everybody knows that Lue is BU material that shouldn't be starting. To grab one of these guys would be the start of what could be a dynasty.

On too many occassions, when I said Deron, I also said Paul.

I said it and told you to quote me... that Paul would turn out to be ROY and that Deron would turn out be Better than Jason Kidd. Half of that is about the happen.

Diesel you post enough on here to find almost any side of an arguement archived.

If a. had the time or b. was bored enough i could look back and find posts from you where you said the Hawks shouldn't draft Paul. however i'll c. save you the embarassment.

• Premium Member

I preferred Deron up until hearing Scott talk about Paul... which was 3 days before the draft.

Here's another selection after the draft.

Read

Quote:

First off, Al ain't going nowhere. BK has never said anything about future without mentioning Al.. Moreover, you don't even know if Smoove or Williams have PF ability on this level.

Secondly, it means that somebody will be on the bench. Imagine.. When we re-up Al... What will that do for the development of one of these players. Again.. if Marvin is all that then Smoove is odd man out because we know Al can play pf.

Thirdly...

You better believe there's a lot of pressure on Marvin. If he fails, we fail. All of you guys giving this draft an "A".. I ask Why?

We certainly didn't address any of the problems that we had. All we did was GAMBLE...

That Gamble can either Pay Off, Fail or Break Even. A lot of how we did can not be answered NOW, but will be answered more than Likely by what kind of players:

Smoove, Deron, and Paul become.

If Smoove and Paul become Allstars and Marvin does not... We have lost in this draft For sure.

So the grade is actually meaningless.

Quote:

I know this one... [Re: Sage11]

#85605 - 06/26/05 04:42 PM

Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

Quote:

My question to you is this: Why is it that you are the only one who sees Marvin as the best thing to come along since hot buttered bread. I have not seen the scouting reports that say this of him nor has my watching play at NC produced such glowing assessments of his ability. Help me out here KB, I need some evidence and not just hype.

Oooh ooh, i know...

It's because KB has watch a few if Any UNC games. I tried to think how can someone who lives in Mississippi and who is in MED School finding time to keep up with college basketball. Especially UNC basketball. The only answer is that he's not...

Before KB got caught up in the HYPE... Look at this:

Quote:

KB21

Assistant Coach

Reged: 06/10/02

Re: This keeps coming up... [Re: Kaviar1]

#67740 - 12/31/04 09:53 AM

Edit Reply Quote

Putting Josh Smith in the post negates the advantage he brings with his size and athleticism on the perimeter. This offseason needs to be dedicated to working on his ball handling and making continual improvement on his jumper. I still see this guy is a monster shooting guard who will create mismatches with his size and athleticism.

Atlanta needs to make a deal with Philly to get Samuel Dalembert. Sign Stromile Swift in the offseason and draft Illinois point guard Deron Williams:

PG - Williams (6'4")

SG - Smith (6'9")

SF - Harrington (6'9")

PF - Swift (6'9")

C - Dalembert (6'11")

That's a team that will be able to defend and run.

What happened to that KB. That's a plan that makes sense. Well, except for the Smith at 2 and trading Chillz. But look at his argument against Smoove to the 4... It's the opposite of what he says now?

read

• Premium Member

My point still remains...

If you had the time... You would find me making a declaration for Williams in Early June before all the workouts were complete because i felt that we needed a PURE PG. However, you will not find me mentioning Williams name without mentioning Paul's name... Or at least, not in about 95% of the post about who we should draft...

The point. I still wanted either more than Marvin.

• Moderators

Quote:

I preferred Deron up until hearing Scott talk about Paul... which was 3 days before the draft.

Are you saying that as of 3 days before the draft and from then on you advocated Paul should be our pick over Deron?

Well at some point in all the post before the draft, I know I complimented Paul, Deron and Marvin as good picks and a lot of other posters did too. I don't think too many people trashed anyone of these guys as good picks for the Hawks. Some people did but most people didn't.

However, you only get ONE PICK and that is it. If I remember right before the draft we all put our mock picks in some thread and you definately had Deron as the Hawks 1st pick.

Find that mock draft thread right before the draft.....Since you guys are so good at finding threads!!

• Premium Member

Read it

Quote:

rades:

Utah sends Gircek/Snyder/#6/#27 to PTL for #3/Patterson.

N.O. trade #4 to LAL for Butler/#10.

N.O. trade Magloire for #7/#16/alston/Williams

Atlanta trades Williams for #5/#13 (After LAL picks Green)

Knicks trade Tim Thomas/#54 to Memphis for Jason Williams/Brian Cardinal/#19.

Atlanta Diaw/#31 to Denver for #20.

1. Bogut - Milwaukee.

2. Williams - Charlotte

3. Deron Williams - Utah

4. Green - LAL

5. Paul - Atlanta

6. Webster - PTL

7. Granger - N.O.

8. Frye - NYK.

9. Diogu - GSW.

10. Villaneuva - N.O.

11. Wright - Orlando

12. Felton - LAC

13. May - ATL

14. Jack - Minnesota.

15. Warrick - NJ

16. Taft - N.O.

17. McCants - Indy

18. C.J. Miles - Boston

19. Petro - Knicks.

20. Garcia - Atlanta

21. Simien - Phoenix.

22. Vazquez - Denver

23. Korolov - SacTown

24. Head - Houston

25. Lee - Seattle.

26. Graham - Detroit.

27. Gomes - PTL

28. Turiaf - San Antonio

29. Bynum - Heat

30. Blatche - Knicks

While youre reading

Quote:

econdly..

About Marvin. Again.. He's not the best fit for the Hawks. Everyone here readily admits that he's BPA.. I'm saying I don't think he's better than Paul or Deron for US. Moreover, I have my doubts that he's better than Tim Thomas. That's not to say he will be a bust, he's just not a good fit for us and We BOUGHT the hype.. But we will see.