• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woodson will return as Coach

BornandDieHawks

Quote:

it just shows you are a noob. Yah, giving up 102 per game isn't good. But that doesn't mean that the coach sucks because of it. That's just stupid to say. It's the kind of noobish statements you've been making for years on every possible subject. Defense isn't easy to teach or to learn. It takes players who want to play defense, can play it and know how to play it. We have one or two players in each of those catagories right now. It takes several in each catagory to have a good defensive TEAM.

And yah, you wouldn't know about the progress because you're a noob and you don't watch the games. You comment based on static numbers or based on off the cuff emotions. If you watched the games you would see the progress. BUt you don't, so you'll comment based on what you have, numbers. You don't go from being a 13 win team to being a defensive force in one season. Even a noob should know that. Trying to look at one number and saying there hasn't been any progress is n00bish. Which is why you are a nub.

Does it make you feel better about yourself to keep on saying that retarded word? I hope it does.

Defense is alot effort. Don't hand that " defense isn't easy to learn" garbage. After two years people would expect to atleast see some signs of a coaches strong point. No, I didn't figure they'd be a great defensive team this year.

But there should be some kind of real improvement. There is no excuse for giving up 102PPG in this modern NBA. The offensives these days aren't that good for 85% of the teams.

What makes it worse is the east is terribly weak. Taking that into consideration suggests that Atlanta might actually be a worse defensive team than Seattle.

If Woody don't have the players to play defense, that means Billy is f&cking up. Either way, this combo isn't getting it done.

Tell me about the real improvements of the team. Cause they won a few more games this year? Well, everybody knew they wouldn't repeat last year. Not having Jason Collier playing at center should atleast get you a couple of wins more alone.

The team doesn't appear to be making strides in the area Woodson is supposed to be known for. Yes, they score alittle

bit more, but lots of teams have scored decently and keep on losing. The real progress will be made when the Hawks improve on the defensive end. Improving defense is a sign of effort and a sign the team atleast truly wants to take it to the next level.

When the players get serious about winning they'll play some better defense. Remember when they said they wanted to end the year with 30 wins? What did they do? They went out and got on a big losing streak... Which to me is a sign they were never truly serious and it was all talk. Like it always is on the Hawks side.

You can shout your laughable and irrelevant insults. But this is the way it is. I've seen the players make promises and say things since 2000 and the team almost never backs them up... Just like they didn't when they said they wanted to win 30 games only to turn around and start a big losing streak.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um, you know that mgt., at all levels, is no longer the same as it was then ~ that the mistakes of previous administrations are not indicative of the current one...

I know you know this...so don't make such statements that support such descriptors as, 'noob'...

Quote:

um, you know that mgt., at all levels, is no longer the same as it was then ~ that the mistakes of previous administrations are not indicative of the current one...

I know you know this...so don't make such statements that support such descriptors as, 'noob'...

Those later Babcock years still count. I know Lon wasn't Billy's doing, but Billy sure has continued the trend. It's a trend that has carried on since the hiring of Lon. The new management has in fact continued the trend on atleast a few levels.

Quote:

such as....???

Signing a guy that can't handle the job (Woody) drafting players that don't make sense... Yeah, Billy has a better grasp of drafting talent, but does any of the picks from last year really fill a need for the Hawks? Pete was unable to put a second team together, and it remains to be seen of Billy can put a TEAM together.

Billy is obviousally an upgrade over Pete, but who isn't?

I'm in total agreement with Hotlanta and I have watched some games (I am afraid that I may now be considered a noob although I must admit I dont have any idea what is). In watching the games last year to this year, the obvious difference is Joe Johnson. That alone accounts for the difference in wins. He can create his own shot and and can sink it when it counts. I think the coaching probably lost us few games. The defensive rotations were not there so if the opposition beat one of our guys, it was an easy score. I still dont think we have a game plan for when a team runs the pick n'roll or the give and go. From watching the games, it appears that the Woody plan is to hope they do not do run those plays and hope for the best. On offense it is not much different, no offensive plays are run, we play a lot of street ball, if you've got it, shoot it. How many times did Woody say "It looked like we tired in the end". We have the youngest team in the league so shouldnt that be at a mininum, the one thing that would not happen to us. His coaching appears to be scripted. Lack of motivation and lack of energy of the players falls directly on the shoulder of the coach. Dont get me wrong, I think he is a standup guy and I would love for him to succeed as our coach, I just dont want to wait around and have him learn on our time.

--sf