• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford: Gibson to Enter Draft

AHF

• Moderators

Texas's PG Daniel Gibson is apparently going to enter the draft according to Chad Ford. I would love to get him with our second rounder if that is true. His playmaking limitations would be less of a problem with JJ at SG.

Quote:

Texas's PG Daniel Gibson is apparently going to enter the draft according to Chad Ford. I would love to get him with our second rounder if that is true. His playmaking limitations would be less of a problem with JJ at SG.

Y'all are killing me with these fantasies of 2nd rounders running our team. We don't need any more youngins in our starting lineup.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Y'all are killing me with these fantasies of 2nd rounders running our team. We don't need any more youngins in our starting lineup.

Just to make it clear - I don't want Gibson to be our starting point guard next season. I do think he is a good long-term prospect and that his limitations match up well with JJ's stregnths.

Good luck getting Gibson in the 2nd round. In private workouts he'll probably look as good as any of the other PG's. He has a very smooth shooting technique and good handles. He has average-to-good size and at least average athleticism. I'd like to see how his defensive abilities match up to Marcus Williams and Rajon Rondo.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Michael Redd
was a 2nd rounder

fyp

Not sure what fyp means but I know it doesn't mean that Redd was a starter his rookie year! Any GM who expects his second round pick immediately to be more than a contributor off the bench is really pushing his luck.

Gibson would be a very nice pickup. We would need to move up to around 25 in the first IMO. Due to the lack of PGs in this draft someone is going to "reach" for him in the first.

I agree.

But the good thing about Gibson declaring is that he is likely to get picked before Rondo, and maybe even before Collins or Williams, depending on individual workouts.

And that could be enough to make one of those other points fall to us.

Quote:

I agree.

But the good thing about Gibson declaring is that he is likely to get picked before Rondo, and maybe even before Collins or Williams, depending on individual workouts.

And that could be enough to make one of those other points fall to us.

I highly doubt Gibson is drafted higher then Williams or Rondo.

• 2 weeks later...