So....

Dukegotgame

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you've lost your mind...we look foolish?

so let me ask you this:

Diaw sucked while he was here. That means if we still had him, he'd still suck. So you're saying you prefer to keep a player that would suck here and 2 picks instead of one who has exploded here...yeah, ok, good decision.

• Premium Member

I hate to break it to you...

But when you use MLE, you probably confused whoever your calling an idiot because MLE means "Mid Level Exemption"

Which is about 5 million dollars this year.. It's the exemption normally given by the league to every team once they've hit the cap.

However, what phoenix got was an exemption based on the difference between what they saved in not paying JJ and their cap...

so say JJ for instance, we paid JJ 13 million in a SNT.

That means that Phoenix signed him at 13...

it probably put them over the cap by 5 million.

Then they traded him to us for Diaw who makes roughyly 1 MILLION DOLLARS (in my best Dr. Evil Voice)..

Well, that means that Phoenix has a 7 million dollar exemption.

Because to get back under the cap requires that first 5 million... so they are under the cap by 8 million. Then they take in 1 million from us... so that's 7 million dollar exemption.

It's not really anything but a bookkeeping note. We didn't give Phoenix anything but Diaw. They just saved 7 million dollars in the trade....

But the MLE is about 5 million dollars that every team has and can use after they have crossed the cap.