• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marcus Williams workout

DrReality

If we don't go for a big, I like Williams the best out of everyone too. I still wouldn't feel very comfortable coming out of the draft with no big though. We wouldn't have really adressed our D or our lack of size inside. Nevertheless, Williams would look amazing running the break with the Joshes and Marvin. I would rather have him then reach down for a guy like Shelden.

Marcus Williams/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith/??

Zaza/??

going into free agency? That would be great if we could then land a defensive big in free agency, but we'll still get killed with our lack of D if we don't.

Its all about filling a need with the player with the most potential. If Marcus Williams has more potential and shows it during the workouts I can't see passing on him. Guess the quesiton is if Baganini,S Williams, or whatever bigman drops to hawks does that player have more potential that what M Williams will show in the tryouts that the Hawks bring in?

I would hate not picking a big man but even worse if Wiliams becomes a star and the hawks pass on him for another big man who may just be average then you shoot yourself again in the foot. Last year we passed on paul doing do it again.

Marcus might not be a Wade-type in that he is long and a high-flyer but I think his basketball IQ will allow him to test very well. He could be similar to a Chris Paul type in this area. I don't know if Marcus is as quick as Paul but he can certainly rack up assists and score when needed. It would be very nice to move up to top 3 and trade down for Marcus and pick up something else as well. I can't wait til workouts.

Quote:

If we get Williams there is no reason we can't go after Nene or Pryz in Free Agency. I have a feeling David Anderson will be brought over the upcoming season as well.

Yeah I know, but the fact is that our biggest need is a big, and if we don't draft one we could strike out in free agency. I expect us to go after free agent bigs whether we draft one or not.

Let me restate if marcus has more potential than the other bigs in the draft do you pass on him or draft him hoping to get a big somewhere else? Of course we need big players first but if marcus turns into a perennial all star and whoever we draft as a big turns out average why draft big?

definitely, there are plenty of options out there. I'm just saying it would make me a little uncomfortable to have an opportunity to get a big in the draft and pass. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, just that it would make me uncomfortable

Quote:

Draft Express posted a story about his work out and said he looked phenominal. Had us taking him at number 4. Here's the link.

http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1300

Sounds exciting and a move by him could really shake things us in the draft.

I have no problem with us taking Marcus. Last year my top two choices were Bogut and MWill, but if BK would have flip flopped and taken Paul or Deron, I would have been fine with that as well.

Just, please no reaches. Its one of the top bigs or top Guards. That is what we have to get this year.

I think 'perennial' all star is a bit of a stretch but if BK and Woody feel like he could be an above average starter at PG and be a good fit with JJ than I'd be all for it. We say we need bigs but to be honest, how many BIGS are there in this draft? Thomas is 215 lbs. No thanks. Bargnani, while very enticing player, is more a perimeter type. (Not a knock, just the truth) Lamarcus Aldridge, although only about 230 or so, could definitely help but he is supposedly a top 2 lock. Shelden Williams? Definitely a burly type with some post moves and rebounding. Top 5 worthy? Can he play some Center? Cedric Simmons? Not much experience but is definitely built well.

Quote:

I'd take Marcus Williams after

LaMarcus Aldridge

Tyrus Thomas

Andrea Bargnani

Shelden Williams

Seeing that one of those guys are guaranteed to be there when we pick at 6 or 7 (most likely SHelden WIlliams), I'd have to say no to PG until the 2nd round.

I wouldn't take Thomas. Rondo or Gibson could fall to us in 2nd round maybe.

It depends on workouts, but I think if we don't get top 5 pick, there is a VERY GOOD chance we take Marcus Williams if he is still there. And I think that is the way to go.

Given the FA market and the number of teams that have money, there is a good chance of picking up a Big.

I have not given up on getting David Andersen next year. Aricles out of Europe really praise how much he's improved, developed a back to the basket game. If we've got money and don't land any other bigs, we need to make him an offer he can't refuse.

Guest Walter

Quote:

If we get Williams there is no reason we can't go after Nene or Pryz in Free Agency. I have a feeling David Anderson will be brought over the upcoming season as well.

NM.

W

Quote:

Quote:

I'd take Marcus Williams after

LaMarcus Aldridge

Tyrus Thomas

Andrea Bargnani

Shelden Williams

Seeing that one of those guys are guaranteed to be there when we pick at 6 or 7 (most likely SHelden WIlliams), I'd have to say no to PG until the 2nd round.

I wouldn't take Thomas. Rondo or Gibson could fall to us in 2nd round maybe.

Rondo in the 2nd on our NBA Live franchise maybe. He's a lottery pick.