Real GM Draft Sim.

RAHMOR

I just ran the real GM draft similulator 7 times and Charlotte got the first pick 5 times. I don't believe in all the conspiracy theory stuff, but come May 23rd if Charlotte gets the first pick I don't know what I'll do. I got over picking Marvin last year and recently dealt with my hatred for the Sun but I don't know how if I could get over that. I know this is supposed to be a weak draft, but a no. 1 pick is a no. 1 pick.

I ran the simulator once and the Hawks got the 1st pick. I was doing another mock draft last night using the default draft position as they are now. It might have been the worst mock draft ever. I didn't know any of the players on it outside of 10-15 of them. I would post it. The simulator messed up halfway through the 2nd round.

I guess you're right but I would assume it's 100% correct. That wouldn't be very hard to do at all. I mean hell I could write a program to do it in 10-15 minutes (although I wouldn't know how to put it online and make it all pretty).

All you have to do is assign numbers 1-1000 to the various teams, and randomly (or pseudo-randomly) select numbers between 1 and 1000 until 3 different teams have been obtained. Doesn't seem very complicated. And that's exactly what they do at the lottery except that instead of actually drawing a number from 1-1000, they do it by using combinations of balls.

balls_050524_300.jpg

tumble_050524_188.jpg

no

By drawing the balls, they have 1001 combinations, all with exactly the same odds of occuring. 1000 of those combinations are assigned, so the bottom line is that each combination has exactly the same odds of being drawn. That would be exactly the same as drawing a number at random between 1 and 1000. As long as they all have the same odds of occuring, it's all the same