• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington for Jefferson?

"Priority No. 1 in the offseason needs to be a new scoring big man at the power forward position, and Jefferson is the type of player who might just entice a team like to Hawks to part with Al Harrington in a sign-and-trade deal."

-- Chris Sheridan

DON'T DO IT BK!!!!

• Premium Member

I thought you meant Al Jefferson.

Well, just for argument sake...

Let's say Phoenix wanted to cut Salary and move Diaw into the Sf's spot. And get an scoring PF.

Would you guys object to a Marion for Al/Salim trade?

I'm pretty sure that you would, but I'd like to hear why?

I SERIOUSLY doubt that we could get RJ for Al, but if that was truly possible I wouldnt even have to think for a second about the deal. RJ would instantly improve our defense by leaps and bounds and we would be a much better up tempo team with him than with Al. There are plenty of minutes at the 3-4 for Smoove, Marvin, and RJ, especially if we go small and play Smoove at the 5 for a little bit each game.

Quote:

I SERIOUSLY doubt that we could get RJ for Al, but if that was truly possible I wouldnt even have to think for a second about the deal. RJ would instantly improve our defense by leaps and bounds and we would be a much better up tempo team with him than with Al. There are plenty of minutes at the 3-4 for Smoove, Marvin, and RJ, especially if we go small and play Smoove at the 5 for a little bit each game.

I would make that trade any day of the week as well. But I think we would need to sweeten it to make NJ even consider it so we would likely have to throw Marvin or Childress in the deal, which I would be fine with to get a player of RJ's caliber.

BK's dream lineup...

JJ

RJ

Marv

Smith

Zaza

with Childress coming off the bench to spell each/any of the 5 positions

if they all reach their "potential", that could be a very scary bunch to contend with

but a ton of risk keeping that many swingmen

IMHO, if we get RJ, we have a bonafide #1 guy at SF, and then we gotta get rid of at least one of the Joshes or Marvin for a big or a point. With the three we have now, there is still a lot of question as to who will be the best. If RJ came on board, he'd be our best SF from day one. Maybe not forever, but certainly in the short term.

I don't really buy JJ at the 1. So that would be Jefferson/Chill as pure 3s. Marvin and Smith are both SF/PF's, but I wouldn't want them both splitting the PF minutes.

So really, bringing in Jefferson would increase our talent greatly, but you'd be looking at trading one of Chill/Marvin/Smith within a year.

I would definitely do this deal rather than letting Al walk, but I'd rather get a big or a PG. As long as these guys have talent / good contracts, they are easily tradable

Damn Jefferson makes a lot more than I thought. If we were planning to do this, I would draft Marcus Williams

Marcus Williams/Lue

JJ/Salim

Jefferson/Chill

Smith/Marvin

Zaza/??

going into free agency. Then you could try to get a C in free agency to back up Zaza or replace him in the starting lineup.

That's a ton of talent.

Quote:

Let's say Phoenix wanted to cut Salary and move Diaw into the Sf's spot. And get an scoring PF.

Would you guys object to a Marion for Al/Salim trade?

I'm pretty sure that you would, but I'd like to hear why?

Why in the world would Phoenix even consider this trade? What are you on?

i really like Jefferson but his max deal does scare me. i'd only do it if he could play sg or we were going to trade one of our young guns for a big man..

i'll put it this way..I like how he would increase our talent level but don't like how he fits in with what we need(the old another swingman routine).

Guest Walter

Quote:

Smoove at the 5? Silly. Why on earth would you not suggest trading one of our then 4 quality Sfs (Chill, MW, JS, RJ) to fill one of our other 3 unfilled positions (Pf, C, Pg)? Absolutely crazy. I understand being loyal to a player and not wanting to trade them but this is ridiculous and there would be no better justification than a trade for RJ.

W

Yeah I would trade anyone on our roster not named Al for Livingston. There's no way LA will though. They love him and he's their future. Too bad we couldn't find a way to get him or Harris, I really wanted one of those guys. Hell it's too bad we lost a coin flip or else we'd have Livingston