• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

can we talk about King James for a minute?

• Admin

You've got to, as Tyson would say, take your hand off to Lebron James. The guy is the real deal.

Many predicted a sweep in their series against the Pistons. Then when they won game 3, many predicted a 5 game series. Because the Pistons are just too good and sometimes they need to lose one to wake them up. Then when they lost game 4...people stopped talking. Though everyone still expected them to win. People stopped predicting just how soon the might Pistons would end the series. Now, after game 5 was claimed by the Cavs, in Detroit, I can't hardly find an article talking about the Mighty Pistons or how they are so much better than the Cavs. I think what you have to do is give credit to the Cavs players. They've stepped up. Lebron has always been Lebron. But now everyone else is stepping up. They are playing defense on an entirely different level than they have the entire season, they are attacking the basket and putting pressure on the supposed mighty Pistons defeners and they are showing poise beyond their teams experience level. Now they are one game, a home game at that, away from sending the Pistons on an early vacation and moving on to face the Miami Heat in the easter conference finals.

We're witnessing a season or more of team evolution over the course of one playoff series. I think Lebron deserves the most credit for that. But the entire team needs to be commended for stepping up and helping their super-star be the super-star. It's crazy to think that a young team like the Cavs is feeding off the confidence and poise of a 21 yera old. But that's how it is right now and it's impressive to watch.

There's no more excuses to be made for the Cavs or the Pistons. It's gut check time. The Cavs have the momentum in this series now and they get to play the next one at home. Now we get to see if the Pistons are as mighty as many assumed.

Yup. He, and especially the Cavs team as a whole has impressed the crap out of me. Did you see him last night when everybody is praising him and he keeps saying that it doesn't mean a thing if they don't win another? That's maturity.

That being said, my money's still on the Spurs and the Pistons, but you never know. In both series, the home team better win game 6, because game 7s away are no joke.

Now if only ESPN would stop trying to force feed Lebron down my throat 24/7 I would probably like him even more

Quote:

they are attacking the basket and putting pressure on the supposed mighty Pistons defeners and they are showing poise beyond their teams experience level.

When the going gets tough Lebron takes it to the rim. Detroits defense can slow him down sometimes but they can't stop him, and the Hawks are going to have to deal with this guy a long time. That is why I think the Hawks interior D is so crucial....but i digress.

The rest of the Cavs have definitely stepped up but this series points out something that I noticed during the regular season....Detroit is a jump shooting team. They don't attack the basket much and they don't have a post game.

Their only legit post player is Sheed and he insists on firing long range jumpers. While he has always been prone to do this I think Flip has to take some blame for not making Sheed play down low more often. He took over 400 3 pointers on the season for chrissakes. I thought he would play more in the post during the playoffs but he really hasn't.

Actually Dyss is a good post player too but his touches are relatively limited. He almost saved them last night.

I think Marshall and Verajo have really been key for the Cavs. Marshall has been garbage most of the season but has really stepped up lately. Varejo is a good player who had been hurt a lot this year but is really giving them a lift now.

I am pulling for the Cavs to win and punk that loudmouth Rasheed.

okay enough about Lebron...lets talk about Damon Jones...anyone got that Vid/Gif of him getting poked in the eye after the game? that was too funny lol