• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Maybe a laugher.......BUT

codyatl

What if Detroit ends up losing this series with Cleveland? That could force the Pistons to skake their roster and as Ben Wallace is a free agent this year he could be had a a deal maybe for AL. If that were to happen then we turn our attention to PG. We still have ammo to go out and get a solid player. With Sac town making some changes I wonder if they would be tempted to move Bibby for our 1st rd pick and maybe chillz or salim or all 3 for that matter. I am no capologist so I don't know if it is even possible but wow, what a team that would be. Ok Bravo bring it on, lol.

Quote:

Not at the price he wants. I'd give him MLE money that's it. I ain't giving 70 million to someone who goes 0-7 from the freethrow line.

Have to agree JB...Big Ben will be looking for the max payday (so he may be available), but I'd let another team take that on. I'd much rather pay max for a J. Oneal than Ben...more tools.

Don't look at his PPG or FT%. Look at the amount of points he takes away from the opposition. I'd say if he, by some miracle, did play for the Hawks, the defense would immediately improve by 5-10PPG less.

Love to have Big Ben, but irregardless of the Pistons winning this series or not, I'd say the odds of Ben leaving Detroit are somewhere between slim and none, and much, much closer to none.

Both sides are happy with the other. I'm not sure a series loss is going to change that. You might see some posturing from either or both sides, but I would be freaking stunned if Wallace were to leave there or Detroit let him go.

But what the heck, that sure doesn't stop us from making him an offer, no matter how small the likelihood he'd actually take it. If nothing else, we could drive his price up- sort of like they did to us when they made Koncak a big offer back in the '80s (if I'm remembering it correctly).

Quote:

Quote:

You are crazy. Ben Wallace is exactly the type of guy the Hawks need.

Oh yeah just what we need. To overpay for a guy that would not make us anything more than fringe playoff team for 3 years before his age and money made him consider retirement.

Dude, if the Hawks don't acquire someone with some interior defense skills like Ben Wallace they won't even be a fringe playoff team. Consider this years playoff teams - those teams that have advanced out of the first round relied heavily on veteran players - i.e., guys older then 30.

Do you think it is a coincidence that the Clippers started to win when they brought in veterans Sam Cassell and Cuttino Mobley? Do you think the Cavs where smoking something when they brought in a veteran like Donyell Marshall? Was Detroit just lucky to win with an experienced roster?

Think about it.

Maybe the Hawks are not at the point yet where they want to think about winning, but they need to make that mental adjustment in the next year or two.