• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if syndrome

thecampster

I'm starting to answer a couple of what if's.

But first, let's talk about where I'm coming from. In none of the western conference games were we blown out. In none of that games did we fold tent in the fourth quarter and go down big. No injuries yet. We're playing with McCaskill and Harvey instead of CC and Nazr.

So what happens when Big Dawg, SAR and JT all start to get proper spacing. What happens when Nazr is back and playing the backup 5 and Hendu becomes an exclusive 4 again. What happens when CC returns to backup the 3 pushing Dion and IRA down to the G and out of the SF rotation pushing Email off the floor. What happens when Dickau catches up enough to play 10 minutes at the point to give JT a break. What happens when Kruger figures out that Dion should start.

and that is the real point of this post. We are turning the ball over 21 times a game because 2 starting NBA guards are on the floor for 25 minutes a game with JT and IRA who is a defensive player and not offensive. Move Glove to the starting lineup and you lose a little defense but probably stop 6 turnovers a game. 6 turnovers are 3 baskets lost for you and 3 baskets made for your opponent (50% NBA shooting). or a 12 points swing. In the Sacramento game for example it makes the final Hawks 103, Kings 99. So I propose you stagger JT and Glove's time in and out so that when Glove goes out for IRA, JT stays on the floor and When JT goes out for DD, Glove comes back in....That puts 2 ball handlers on the floor at all times and gets Reef and GRob back down the floor getting set in the offense, where they belong.

So add Nazr and CC to the group and subtract Email and McCaskill and We are 4 and 1 in the 5 games instead of 1 and 4.

Any thoughts other than HTATLdude's negativity?

It's still very early and plenty of basketball to go, but if we want to get better we need to cut way down on the turnovers. Wewill be good though O know it and we sould finish 4th or 3rd in the Central! GO HAWKS! Now to everyone if we don't make the playoffs (WE ARE GOING tO THE PLAYOFFS!) please no bandwagon fans here are there? Win or Lose I'm a Hawks fan straight up are you guys with me?

Ira is averaging 1 TO to Dion's 1.2 TOs every 32 MPG. Dion has a 2.3:1 to Ira's 2:1 A/TO ratio. They are about the same in terms of ballhandling with Dion getting slightly more TOs and assists to Ira per minute.

Clearly Dion is the better offensive player but ballhandling-wise they are almost indentically as good (or bad). Thus, you are statistically likely with DG playing more to have MORE turnovers a game rather than less, particularly the insane "6 less turnovers a game with DG" you suggest.

This doesn't really touch upon the fact that DG is much more suited to come in off the bench and provide instant offense rather than be the fourth or fifth option in the starting lineup, mostly spending his time on the court not having the ball in his hands. The same is true in reverse for Ira. Still, I'd like to see DG getting 20-22 MPG than 16. A small want but a want just the less. I suspect he may earn it.

W

Well the Jazz really did blow us out.The score doesn't

show it, but the team flat out forgot they had a game

that night.Surely everyone can atleast agree to this...

That was a dead team that night.

1)The road problems have to be fixed.

2)The turnovers

3)We need to find some stability in the 2nd unit

4)We need to quit making Theo a scoring option

on key posessions.

5)Lon needs to better prepare the team for zone

defenses.They done a better job of that last night.

6)Don't allow Big Hog to become a creator or Point

Forward.

Walter, the reason you see more turnovers from Dion is that he does a much larger share of the Ballhandling than Ira does. All Ira does on offense is set picks, catch and shoot. Dion Creates, helps alot on the trap and drives to the basket. He's a creator and the turnovers go up in that case. Especially when JT isn't on the floor and Email is. But put them on the floor together and trapping becomes more difficult. Ratio isn't as important as opportunities. Call an opportunity, a drive/dish/or create and I'd say Dion does that 5 times more a game (even in reduced minutes) than Ira.

Starting Dion isn't to limit his turnovers, but to limit JT's. It creates a "Perimeter" ballhandler/passer. Just someone to take the burden off JT but not as useless as Email or small as DD.

We needa guy like Doug Christie.Somebody the

other day was like NOWAY!But if you look he leads

the Kings in assist and he sure killed us last night.

It sure would be awesome to have Doug or Aaron

McKie.