• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brandon Roy Video

KB21

I think Roy is more athletic than he is getting credit for in the mocks. I saw him make some plays that wouldn't be possible if he wasn't athletic.

I saw him make a defensive play at the end of a tourney game which was very impressive. Tie game not much time left and his man had the ball on the right side. He drove towards the middle hard, pulled up for a jumper and was fading away also. That is one of the toughest moves to defend.

Not only was Roy right with him but he timed his jump perfectly and looked like he would block it. At the last second the guy passed it and turned it over.

First off I wouldn't mind if we drafted Roy with the 5th pick. Picking up a solid defensive backcourt mate for JJ is just as important as picking up a big. We can address the need for a bigs with AL, our 2nd rounder and FA.

Just for all of the naysayers on Roy and M. Williams, would you consider trading our 5th pick to the Clippers for Maggette. I like Maggette's game and he could be a good complement to JJ. They would be interchangable, with JJ mainly at the point. The Clippers don't really need him and thinking of trading him anyway. Maggette has 3 more years on his contract at around 7 million. We would still have a lot of cap room left to address the big positions and keep our core intact. All BK would need to do is ensure we get a quality big, back for AL.

• Moderators

Quote:

Just for all of the naysayers on Roy and M. Williams, would you consider trading our 5th pick to the Clippers for Maggette. I like Maggette's game and he could be a good complement to JJ. They would be interchangable, with JJ mainly at the point. The Clippers don't really need him and thinking of trading him anyway. Maggette has 3 more years on his contract at around 7 million. We would still have a lot of cap room left to address the big positions and keep our core intact. All BK would need to do is ensure we get a quality big, back for AL.

How ould JJ and Maggette be interchangable? Maggette is a SF/SG without playmaking skills and without much of an outside shot.

I want a backcourt mate for JJ that can play good D but also assist in the playmaking.

I totally agree BK needs to get quality size this offseason through FA and/or trade.

I was thinking of Maggette mainly as a 2 guard. When I compared him head up to JJ using the table on NBA.com, their numbers are not that far apart, except for assists which goes to JJ. Given that he is a 2-3, I would still try to get him substituting Chillz and filler for the pick. Then we could pick Roy to help JJ in the backcourt. Getting Maggette would give us another bonafide scorer, in case Marvin and Smoove fail to improve their scoring.

Put it like this, Roy is the only guy I'd be willing to get with our pick that isn't a big man.

Roy has the upside of a Manu Ginobili with the way he can dish and score on the offensive end and be disruptive on the defensive end. We would have a sick backcourt with Roy and Joe Johnson.

No other guard is worth taking over a big man IMO. Marcus Williams and Foye are nice but they don't have the same upside.

• Premium Member

Quote:

would you consider trading our 5th pick to the Clippers for Maggette. I like Maggette's game and he could be a good complement to JJ. They would be interchangable, with JJ mainly at the point. The Clippers don't really need him and thinking of trading him anyway. Maggette has 3 more years on his contract at around 7 million. We would still have a lot of cap room left to address the big positions and keep our core intact. All BK would need to do is ensure we get a quality big, back for AL.

So you would trade the 5th pick in the draft for a guy that doesn't start on a team he has been on for 5 year? Things that make you go Hmmmmm!