• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm a Brandon Roy fan for the next few weeks...

DJ_Money

I really, really hope this dude has some killer workouts.

Hear me out...

I think we lost out by getting dumped to #5. This is being viewed as a four player draft. You've got the three big men (Aldridge/Thomas/Bargnani) and Morrison. They are likely to be the first four picks, in some order. If I had to predict now...I'd say Bargnani to Toronto, Aldridge to Chicago, Morrison to Charlotte, Thomas to Portland.

At #5, there's no legit C or PG prospect available that is worth the pick.

We have three scenarios, in my mind...

1. Roy puts up some off-the-chart numbers in his workouts. Portland falls in love with him, they make him the pick at #4. We get whichever big man is left at #5. I'd prefer Aldridge, but I have a feeling it will be Thomas, who I'd take, but I wouldn't be overly excited.

2. Roy has great workouts and we start getting calls from teams looking to get up to #5. New Orleans holds picks #12 and #15. With J.R. Smith stuck in the eternal doghouse, maybe they come up to get a backcourt mate for CP3. At #12 and #15, maybe we can come away with O'Bryant and Williams/Rondo. I could live with that.

3. We take Roy. Stick him at the SG spot, tell JJ to enjoy running the point, and we go from there. I think Roy will be a All-Star caliber player, so it calls into question the whole BPA vs. drafting for need element again.

Ho hum...I'll see you at the Open House next weekend.

I'm half expecting to see Portland take one of the local boys, either Morrison or Roy. Both would be a really good draw, and both have the reputation of being good citizens and high character type players- something the Jailblazers seem always in need of.

Here's a mock that has Bargnani dropping to us. Inside Hoops