• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS FANS You GOT TO READ THIS!!!

Diesel

Diesel can't admit a mistake, especially one that bad. When he came up with that 12.6% from Lascar's numbers he exposed his ignorance and has been trying desparately to misdirect everyone ever since the light came on and he realized his mistake.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

They did't "GO" from 25% to 0.03%. There was a 0.03% of that specific outcome, but there were 21,924 different outcomes that would have resulted in portland getting the #4 pick, out of the total 24,360 total possible outcomes. Which is why there was an overall 36% chance that portland would end up #4.

I think there is a typo in this paragraph or I am reading it wrong. How does 21,924 combo resulting in Port at #4 out of a total possible 24,360 combinations translate into a 36% chance?

Because the outcomes where portland is in the top 3 are each a lot more likely than the outcomes where they're out of the top 3.

For instance one outcome is portland-chicago-charlotte, which had a 1.66% chance of happenning.

Another outcome is utah-philly-NO, which had a .000021% chance of happening.

• Moderators

Quote:

Because the outcomes where portland is in the top 3 are each a lot more likely than the outcomes where they're out of the top 3.

For instance one outcome is portland-chicago-charlotte, which had a 1.66% chance of happenning.

Another outcome is utah-philly-NO, which had a .000021% chance of happening.

I see. Combination = Particular sequence of 3 teams [naturally, weighted according to probability] (and not 4 digit numerical sequence used to ID lottery pick - which would have been 10,000).

Good read but won't happen. As much as we have a crush on Bargnani, the Raptors have an EVEN BIGGER crush. They are going to sign the guy's coach as GM or something like that. Not to mention he threatens to play for only Toronto. I'm off the Bargnani bandwagon because he is a lock for Toronto.

BTW, at 5 getting Shelden Williams would be mind numbingly dumb Diesel. I mean I know you have a man crush on him but he's not worth picking that high. We would have to trade down .

Quote:

If you don't recognize our need for a banger in the post.

What banger in the post does Phoenix and Dallas have this year? They're both jump shooting teams and have done pretty decent this year

Quote:

Quote:

If you don't recognize our need for a banger in the post.

What banger in the post does Phoenix and Dallas have this year? They're both jump shooting teams and have done pretty decent this year

YOu don't need a banger but you do need talent down low. That's why an offensive juggernaut like Bargnani could help our team just as much as someone like Tyrus Thomas or LaMarcus Aldridge. Although he doesn't offer as much defensively, the pressure he puts on the other team defensively, helps us out. He'd be twice the offensive threat of Zaza Pachulia his rookie year.

I personally wouldn't mind us trading up to get him, but like I said it won't happen.

But just think about this: Billy Knight and company were the ones who drafted the first European big man to arise in this era in Pau Gasol from Spain. Then it was Boris Diaw from France. What's left? Italy.

I looked at the potential of this scenario a while back but it seems like it only works on the PS2. While we have enough pieces to run around like PHX and probably do it with relative success, it doesn't seem like management and coaching has that in mind.

With that said, it seems like we're headed more toward a Detroit style of team instead of a Phoenix style of team, geared more toward defense built around long-wingspanned players that cause matchup problems on offense rather than a team that relies more on the ability to purely outscore their opponent.

And like I've said before, it would be great if Bargnani were to approach Dirk's offensive ability but it seems like we are built more toward a Ben Wallace down low than a Nowitzki. That type of player fits more into the scheme, and I'm sure nobody wants to see Bargnani turn into the next Boris Diaw case after he is traded because he didn't fit the scheme.