• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Talking about PR

jezmund

Someone mentioned giving some fan GM powers for some period of time. How about selecting a few random fans to hang out with some of the players at Philips during the draft? Maybe even in the Warroom and see what goes on. I'd personally pay good money to experience that. That would be like a dream come true.

I think it would be exciting for fans if we were all in some sort of drawing on Hawks.com or something. Like 5-10 lucky fans hang out for the day at Philips. I would cherish every moment. There would have to be a few ground rules but I don't see it being as threatening as having a camera in there.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Letting a fan in a draft war room in any sport is not a good idea.

You know everyone thinks "that would be a horrible idea ... unless it was me"

Exactly.

Personally, I wouldn't say a word either. However, the hawks don't "know" you, so they don't know what you're going to do. They're not going to risk having some jabroni there pressuring BK into doing something, or otherwise distracting him.

Quote:

I would be in dreamworld sitting there and seeing what they talk about and how they react to certain picks, etc. You wouldn't hear a peep from me. Is Bruce Levenson here to see this?
smile.gif

It'd be great but I'd probably mess it up. (never been good at keeping my mouth shut) Just before our pick I'd say "Boy there just aren't any Chris Pauls in THIS draft are there?"

Billy would kick my arse all the way to the parking lot grin.gif

It would never happen, because it would make it a little easier to open up a GM to be second guessed. Teams like to show a united front about their draft choices, and they wouldn't be as comfortable with an unaffiliated outsider watching the decision making process.