• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Second Round Bigs Who May Be Projects Draft?

thescout5

Just looking at the players who may be around in the 2nd round who are big and could develop into a decent big man. I came up with Josh Boone(6'10) Ryan Hollins(7'0) and Justin Williams(6'10). If Boone were there I would select him first then Williams then Hollins. This may be the only way to get a big without overpaying(Dally).Bigs are so rare that you almost have to develop the player rather than getting one with a high pick.

The team needs to make this draft count not including last year I have so way to many times where the Hawks have just thrown away picks in the second while there were decent players on the board. If you end up with Bargnani in the first great but will he be the power forward shotblocker rebounder we need? Drafting a power forward in the 1st and project center may be the smartest way to play the picks.Teams won't take the Hawks seriously unless we get some big guys to block shots and rebound.

Well some draft sites have Saer Sene going in the 2nd round. I don't know what they are smoking but IMO this guy will be a fringe lottery pick after his workouts if anyone dare goes one on one against him.

If he did somehow fall in the 2nd he would be the no-brainer pick. But I doubt it will happen.

Quote:

Well some draft sites have Saer Sene going in the 2nd round. I don't know what they are smoking but IMO this guy will be a fringe lottery pick after his workouts if anyone dare goes one on one against him.

If he did somehow fall in the 2nd he would be the no-brainer pick. But I doubt it will happen.

I would love to be able to steal him in the 2nd...but I think someone will take a flyer on him near the end of the 1st. Probably one of the better teams, Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio etc...The good teams just find ways to keep reloading.

I don't think Taj Gray would be what were looking for in a legit block shot and rebounder we already have Smoove and Marvin. A project 6'10 or more is needed. Rarely do the Hawks ever draft size in the second they just seem to throw away there picks except for last year and some other rare exceptions. You have got gamble and this team needs size so hopefully management will realize this instead of drafting another bench warmer.

No way does the african kid make it to the second round.If he domiantes in these tryouts could make it to top 7.I don't think we can predict the order of the draft since some players will fall others rise. I hope O Bryant rises but as someone pointed out his college stats weren't that good.To bad BK wasn't smart enough to get another first rounder.Hard to believe no one offered anything for Harrignton now look what it got the Hawks.They can't afford to resign him and keep him.He'll have to be traded hopefully for a nice piece that fits what the Hawks need. If the Hawks let him go for nothing I am sure alot of us will be majorly pissed since we could have had another 1st rounder this yr in all probability.

If no players seperate themselves by draft time I am for trading down to get the African kid or O Bryant.At this point Bargnani,Thomas,Roy,Aldridge could all be drafted before the hawks select.This leaves Morrison,gay and a cast of 1000's. I don't want Gay if he can't show his stuff in college on a consistent basis then he won't do it in the NBA.We need a sound basketball player that plays both ends besides Gay plays a position Hawks are already loaded at.

If the hawks some how take Foy then Childress should be traded since the Hawks have other major needs.

Paul Davis may be an option. Big kid who plays with his back to the basket, mature, played four years, big: 6'11" and 250. Some comparisons include Chris Mihm and Collison.

Strengths: A very fundamentally sound big man who is equally adept in the post or on the perimeter ... Has a very nice back to the basket game, very crafty ... Paul can also face up and shoot ... A good jumper. He uses good positioning to grab a nice share of rebounds ... A hard worker, Paul hustles down the floor and never takes a play off ... Very coachable, a player who knows his role on the team. With time should turn into a very nice post player. Has shown improvement in each of his 4 years of college ball ...

Needs to work on his defense.

I thought about Davis,he is a blue collar worker and is decent but for a big man don't think he blocks enough shots or rebounds for a man of his size.I might be wrong but he isn't very fast out on the court but he does the little things. I would want a pure shot blocker,rebounder as mentioned earlier Justin Williams,Boone.