• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

simple plan

ggp

This offseason plan depends on what we are allowed to do with Harrington. If we are able to use our signing rights in a trade, then we could address needs with quality players at the PG and C positions.

Draft the best compliment to JJ with our #5 pick (Williams, Foye or Roy). Trade Harrington (SnT or any other deal) to a team that drafts either O'Bryant or Sene.

We end up with a solid back court and a decent prospect to develop at the Center position.

Quote:

This offseason plan depends on what we are allowed to do with Harrington. If we are able to use our signing rights in a trade, then we could address needs with quality players at the PG and C positions.

Draft the best compliment to JJ with our #5 pick (Williams, Foye or Roy). Trade Harrington (SnT or any other deal) to a team that drafts either O'Bryant or Sene.

We end up with a solid back court and a decent prospect to develop at the Center position.

I like the plan. But O'Bryant and Sene could totally impress the teams that draft them between draft night and FA signings. I really think at least one of those two will be quality NBA starters.

If we could move Chilz, Salim, or Donta to grab one of them, I think the risk is worth it.

I'm really curious if there is any way we could get our hands on Andrew Bynum. I wonder what his development is looking like. Lakers aren't a team that needs to wait 3-4 years to compete so maybe we could take advantage of that. Al Harrington? 5th pick? I don't know about giving them the 5th pick straight up but they supposedly do want to move up for Roy or someone else. Where would Bynum be picked in this draft?

• Premium Member

More than likely a team that drafts a Big and is not in championship contention will wait on that big. What I mean is this.. In the range that P.O. and Sene are looking to go, the teams that will draft him will draft based on need. Moreover, those teams are less likely to need Al to complete the picture. Any trade of Al ought to be planned out to a team:

1. Of Al's liking.

2. That is probably championship contention.

Al/Lue to LAL for Grant, Bynum, and LAL's 2007 first top 3 protected is a much better deal. It gives us that project Big in Bynum. Grant is in the last year of his mammoth deal.

So we could draft somebody like Roy.

Quote:

I like Bynum and would give them Al and Salim for him. But not the #5 pick. Bynum was a #10 pick last year and hasn't exactly torn up the league.

Umm actually Bynum was very impressive in the action he got. This kid went from HS to pros and for bigs it usually takes a good 3-4 years to see what kind of player your getting. IMO, Bynum is going to be a top C in the league once he develops. He also showed alot of desire. No way in hell are the Lakers dumb enough to trade Bynum.

Of course they wouldn't, that's one of the most unrealistic trades in the history of this board.

They could have drafted an impact player, and instead, much like us, gambled on the future and drafted a project. A big boy center project. No way they give him up after a year for Al + a backup PG. To have them throw in their first rounder from next year is absurd.

• Premium Member

Simple.

They get a 18/8 player who is still young who could play Sf and put them into the championship hunt and they get a PG who knows the system who was a part of their last championship team and who can hit the three point shot very effectively... and all they give up is a draft pick that hasn't developed, A second draft pick, and a Big contract of a sorry player.

My god you guys so underrate our players.

You guys are so quick to think that Al/Lue isn't worth a 1.6 ppg, 1.7 ppg C who is a long way from developing and a draft pick... Prolly late 2008 pick..since they gave up this years?? That's sad.

I think that they would like to have a Lue/Kobe/Al/Kwame/Mihm lineup rather than having what they had this year with players surrounding Kobe that couldn't produce.

Quote:

My god you guys so underrate our players.

Fantastic! I have finally joined the Hawksquawker Quote In My Signature Club.