• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Scouts Inc. Evaluation on Brandon Roy

KB21

Quote:

Billy's plan has been obvious from the beginning, but people like you want to criticize him because he goes against conventional thinking in the NBA.

The biggest point in his plan was made clear the very first press conference he had when getting the job. He stated very clearly that this was not going to be a quick turnaround situation...that he was going to take his time and build this team the right way. He stated that his ultimate goal for this franchise was not to make the playoffs. It is to win a championship, and he's going about building this team in the way he learned from Donnie Walsh.

People also like to criticize Billy for liking players who bring length and athleticism to the table. People like to criticize him because he doesn't see the need to call players a point guard, a shooting guard, a small forward, or a power forward. He doesn't see positions. He sees basketball players. People have griped because they think he has too many small forward types, yet they don't say a god damn word when Phoenix is on the verge of going to the NBA Finals by playing four small forwards a majority of the time.

Basically, Billy's plan is to build a long, athletic, versatile team that has a high skill level, can defend, and can get up and down the court. He's done a great job of putting the center pieces into place with Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, and Josh Smith.

Some of you may have wished he could have turned this thing around earlier, but it wasn't going to happen. The quick fix never works long term. Basically, you can wish in one hand and piss in the other and see which one gets filled first.

well OK. please allow me to retort.

Billy has shown the ability to draft pieces. his track record shows he can do a good job of blowing up a team and ridding it of contracts. he does a decent job drafting pieces. he has never, and i repeat never shown he has the ability to put together a team. until that changes whatever he's selling i'm not buying.

and about the condascension on your part. is this coming from the same guy that got caught in an outright lie about knowing or seeing some player in high school and then using some bullshit excuse for being caught butt naked in that lie by saying u were doped up on sudafed because you had to study for some exams?

dude you have negative credibility on this board right now. don't make me dig up the posts. it will only make you look like a bigger fool.

as i said, when you get off Billy's nuts ask him how he's planning on putting a winning product on the floor. I along with the rest of the Squawkers would appreciate it.

thanks in advance.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Billy has a plan.

All he does right now is suck and draft, if he had a plan than he wouldn't drafted Diaw just to trade him.

It's not that hard to draft the BPA with all the sources he has.

The one important thing that Billy can't do is to put together a team that knows their roles.

If he doesn't do that than this team will underachieve for most part.

It's easy thing to get talent through draft if you have high pick, but the hard thing is to get the right piece for your team.

KB said that Billy has a plan and i don't know what plan is it except drafting the BPA.

Personally i don't want him fired yet because we are still in rebuilding mode, but i just don't see that plan or how our system will look like.

Quote:

You haven't been paying attention to date, so I see little evidence that suggests you will pay any attention come training camp.

Are you related to BK? Seems like everytime someone is even slightly critical of BK you go off on them.

I have always had the mindset that I should have been born in the "show me" state. BK may have missed when he selected Woodson as our coach. I do like the fact he drafts what he thinks is the BPA. I think he was deadon with Diaw, Chilz, MWill, and Smoove; and quite possibly the same for Salim and Donta.

I do consider Diaw a great pick by BK; and a horrible mistake on Woodson's part for not seeing exactly what Diaw could have done for us. You do realize that if Diaw would have been gathering 14pts, 6 boards, 7 assist, and a block for us we would not have had to give up so much for JJ. Other words, Diaw's value may have been enough to get JJ all by himself.

If Woodson continues to falter, BK needs to have the integrity and intestinal fortitude to realize he made a mistake and correct said mistake.

The chances of Roy falling to us are very slim but not as slim as the chances of us getting Thomas, Aldridge, or Bargnani who will all probably be taken back to back in the top 3. That leaves the pressure on Portland. Does Portland take Morrison the hometown hero? If he does Roy could fall. But the real question is would we pick him. BK really seems to have his mindset on a big man (which you can't blame him).

Quote:

Quote:

You haven't been paying attention to date, so I see little evidence that suggests you will pay any attention come training camp.

Are you related to BK? Seems like everytime someone is even slightly critical of BK you go off on them.

I have always had the mindset that I should have been born in the "show me" state. BK may have missed when he selected Woodson as our coach. I do like the fact he drafts what he thinks is the BPA. I think he was deadon with Diaw, Chilz, MWill, and Smoove; and quite possibly the same for Salim and Donta.

I do consider Diaw a great pick by BK; and a horrible mistake on Woodson's part for not seeing exactly what Diaw could have done for us. You do realize that if Diaw would have been gathering 14pts, 6 boards, 7 assist, and a block for us we would not have had to give up so much for JJ. Other words, Diaw's value may have been enough to get JJ all by himself.

If Woodson continues to falter, BK needs to have the integrity and intestinal fortitude to realize he made a mistake and correct said mistake.

Billy has an excellent opportunity to turn this squad around in the next 3 months.

he can draft our guard of the future (whomoever he deems that may be) with our #5. he can sign any number of vets to actually run the point next year along with Al Harrington and bigtime cap space to net us two big guys. on top of that he'll have the midlevel exemption if signing these guys puts us over the cap to play with in the future. it's not like his hands are tied. he can turn the Hawks into a playoff team next year. i have been patient. it's been three years, i'm sure Billy himself would agree it's time to put up or shut up.

like i said i'll give Billy 3 months to show me he can put together a team. until then to me he's the old man on "Big Daddy" that had the 5 year plan and wound up cooking at Hooter's at the end.

http://www.insidehoops.com/billy-knight-100504.shtml

read the article. it ain't like this was yesterday.

How can a coach be considered a failure when in his second season, he doubled the win total from his first season and has done a great job with the development of every young player on this roster with the exception of Boris Diaw?

It makes very little sense to fire a coach who has doubled his win total because some of you foolishly believe he is the reason that Boris Diaw didn't develop here. You completely ignore the fac that Boris Diaw has only himself to blame for his failure in Atlanta.

Quote:

Billy has an excellent opportunity to turn this squad around in the next 3 months.

So, basically, you want to get worse. The team has already turned around and is going in the right direction. If they turn around again, they will be going in the wrong direction.

Quote:

Quote:

So, basically, you want to get worse. The team has already turned around and is going in the right direction. If they turn around again, they will be going in the wrong direction.

the Hawks are at the bottom of the NBA in both attendance and wins. don't try to get cute with wordplay.

Quote:

So, basically you are saying that Boris Diaw gave all of his effort to become a good player in Atlanta?

I don't understand why people think Boris didn't want to be successful? From what I've seen, it seems to me that Boris was asked to play a role that didn't suit him. He just didn't decide this year that he was going to be a good player.

I don't understand how Woody should accept zero responsibility in this. Where has he earned this?

Quote:

Yes. I'm very happy that they have progressed and are going in the right direction.

I guess I can't give as much credit to the win increase as you can. When you win just 13 games, there's no where to go but up. I'd feel better if we had more of an offensive or a defensive identity. I'd feel better if we had more than one NBA quality big man.

What are your expectations/hopes for this season? For me, if we're not at the very least competing for the 8th playoff spot, then I'll feel like we're not going in the right direction.

Moving up to 33 or 34 wins isn't enough.