• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kobe Shut down by Dallas.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Kobe was limited to 16 points as the Dallas Mavericks kicked the Lakers tail last night.

THe whole world awaits the return of the big toe.

Big Toe: "Coach, I'll be back in 2 weeks."

PJ: "Good we need you".

Colby: "what about me, I'm the next Jordan!!"

MJ: "Say what? No team ever held me to 16!"

Colby: "Well, I'm the best SG in the league."

TMac: " Didn't you see me lay the smack down on Seattle all by myself last night?"

AI: " I put down 38 on N.O. Last night."

Pierce: " I'm a one man Show."

Magic: " Well, Colby, it's alright. You might be better than Stackhouse."

I figured you'd have something to say after Kobe's tough game last night. Funny that you didn't have anything to say after Kobe's back to back 40+ point games in the 2 games preceding the Dallas game.

As for T Mac, he's definitely the best player in the NBA RIGHT NOW (until Shaq returns). He has been simply amazing. That being said, his situation and Kobe's situation are not even remotely close. At least T Mac has a few good players around him, Kobe has NOTHING. Look at the shooting percentages for the Lakers' other four starters: Fisher - 33%, Fox - 32%, Horry - 34%, Walker - 39%. That is PATHETIC! Not a single starter around Kobe shoots as good as 40% and Devean George only shoots an even 40% off the bench. How the Lakers have won even 3 games with that kind of production is beyond me. Conversely, look at the starters around T Mac: Armstrong - 40%, Hill - 62%, Garrity - 44%, Burke - 53%. In addition, they have Mike Miller off the bench. The supporting cast for T Mac is FAR better than the supporting cast for Kobe. You think it's a coincidence that T mac is having his best season now that Hill is playing? I certainly don't!

As for AI, whatever. What is one 38 point game?

As for Pierce, hmm, let's see. Boston lost to that same Dallas team that just beat the Lakers a few games ago and what did Mr. Paul "I'm A One Man Show" Pierce do? Does 9 points on 4-20 shooting sound familiar? I guess the "One Man Show" got canceled that night huh?

• Premium Member

You Kobelovers have all sorts of excuses...

What's the standard so I will know.

This summer, we discussed who is the best SG in the league. YOU KOBELOVERS said Kobe because his team wins. I said well, Tmac puts up very good numbers and he gets his team to the playoffs. You all said, getting to the playoffs is not enough. I said, well, Kobe never faces double teams on a constant basis and that the Lakers would never win without SHAQ. There were some of you that argued that Kobe would be better without Shaq.

So out of all this, I ask... What's the basis. Is it wins or individual play?

Either Way, Tmac is far better than Kobe. And Pierce is as good if not better than Kobe. Kobe has been made by the media. Plan and simple. You point to a game against Cleveland and expect me to call Kobe "the best"? Sheez. Tmac put up 41 against a very good Sonic team. His team won by 17. What is Kobe doing? Losing all over the place.

What's the standard?

What you really should ask for is for Big Toe to come back and make Kobe look good again... Like he did for Hardaway and Jones... Because Kobe doesn't have that Jordan in him that he believes he has. Jordan would have won 5 maybe 6 games with that Laker team. [censored], Jordan took a really bad Chicago team to the playoffs. Kobe can't win more than 3 of 10.

First of all, I NEVER said Kobe was better than T Mac. NEVER! I said I think they are even and I still feel that way. Both are great players and both are a step above the next group of SGs including Pierce, AI, Allen, etc.

Second, I never said Kobe was better because his team wins. Again, I said they were equal. Clearly with Shaq being the best and most dominant player in the game, the Lakers are going to win more games than Orlando.

Third, Kobe is facing double and TRIPLE teams now that Shaq is not around and guess what, he's STILL scoring and his numbers are up in EVERY meaningful category except FG%. In fact, his scoring average has increased significantly with Shaq out. If he had ANY help at all, his numbers would be even better. How many assist can you get when none of your teammates can shoot even 40% from the field?

You act like T Mac is playing all by himself. Hill is shooting SIXTY TWO PERCENT! If one of your teammates can shoot 62% from the field, you're [censored] sure going to get better scoring opportunities and T Mac is taking full advantage of it as he should. T Mac is a GREAT player and he's doing what great players do.

Pierce better than Kobe? Please! Pierce is a terrific player but he's no Kobe. Media made or not, Kobe is one of the top 5 players in the NBA and Pierce is not.

If you judge a man on 1 game (using their most recent performances against Dallas), then Pierce is about half as good as Kobe. However, just how much better is Kobe if you look at his previous two, 40+ Pt scoring games?

Interestingly, Dallas has been using alot of Griffin (and Najera) to defend the perimeter and it's Diesel's good research that highlights the point that defense against Kobe is what won the game for Dallas. That's how you beat even weakened championship teams. Otherwise, Kobe goes off for the 40+ points he had the previous two games or even just his season average and the Lakers win. Thank goodness Ira held Kobe in some sort of check or we don't win. Thank you Diesel to the props for the defensive side of the ball.

W