• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DJ returning as a Hawk?

CHORO44

Just read DJ's comments on the Hawk's not letting him play this year and was wondering if you guys think he'll be back next year?

His words seemed to say that he intends to play elsewhere next season. While I understand that the Hawks want to protect him from injury this year I hope they make some kind of commitment to sign him next year if he can play. DJ is crucial to our offense and we can really use his shot.

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure what the Hawks future plans are for DJ but has anyone heard how he is doing? Is he making progress? I just hope the organization and players continue to be supportive. Some things are more important than basketball.

I hope he does come back, what a great story that would be, DJ returns and the Hawks win the NBA championship.

I just think that the injury he suffered was very severed and he will be taking a risk to play this season. I understand the Hawks not picking his 4th year option because thats a risk that they will be taking. Now who knows if DJ can play or not. One thing that it will be sad seeing him leave this city to play elsewhere just because of this injury. I think that he should be reevaluated at the end of the season to see how his bones have healed and the we can decide if to sign him or not. I'm pretty sure at the end of the season he will be evaluated again to see his recovery.

rything! I really hope he comes back in a Hawks uniform. I read the AJC and he said "I will be playing somewhere next year." I talked to him at the Toronto game and he told me that he wants to stay here for the rest of his career. He told me he was sooo close to every player on the team and doesn't want to leave. Then he told me that it's a buisness and if I go somewhere else Atlanta will still be in my heart. DJ is one of the closest guys on the team I'm with. For him to leave would kill me! He is a very tough man and he never gives up. Never! He wont lose any of his talent, and I think from this it will make him even better. God bless him!

I have a cold that's why I'm not in school so all you people don't start!

Hawksfreak: Hope you recover real soon.

DerMarr would have been a good player this year if not

for the accident. I hope he fully recovers with a year off

and is able to resume his career here with the Hawks.

Surely the Hawks will have the first shot at him when the

season is over. It would be a shame to loose him now.

I can understand why the Hawks didn't go ahead and

renew his contract after his injury, not knowing whether

or not he will ever be able to play again.

to resign him. I'm glad to hear that he THINKS he should be able to play this year once the bones in his neck heal even though its not going to happen. A positive attitude about his recovery is critical to any hope of recovery that he has.

On another note, I saw him at the TOR game and I was surprised to see that he was not wearing a brace on his neck at all. He could turn his head to the side a little but he was definitely moving very slowly and you can tell that his neck is stiff and sore. Still, the fact that he is not wearing a brace of any kind so soon after the accident appears to be a good sign.

I fully expect DJ to attempt an NBA comeback. I'd love to think that he would be the same type of player we expected before the accident, but that was much more serious than any ACL could be.

I doubt there will be many teams out there asking for DJ's services. The Luxury Tax has owners about as cheap as possible, so do you think anyone will take a chance on a guy coming off a major trauma, even if it's only for hald a million?

If we do offer DJ a deal, it would likely be in his best interest to remain a Hawk.