• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need a new coach!

pathway23

No way last night should have happened. Kruger was unable to get the starters fired up and before they got fired up he pulled all of them for the bench, and they turned a 2 point deficit into a double digit deficit. Then he puts the starters back in and it gets worse...no doubt! they got cold sitting there on the bench and he just sticks them in like its nothing...does the same [censored] thing in the 4th quarter! makes me sick! after the starters dug them out of the 23 hole to make it 11.....guys like troy hudson and marc jackson had their best games of the year! wtf! If you tell somebody on the street that KG scored 15 points and pulled down 12 rebounds on 5-19 shooting last night against the hawks, they'd assume it was a Hawks W. It very well should have been.

With just about any other coach currently in the NBA, it most likely WOULD have been!

Looking at the box score. Everything even aside from FG shooting. You know what sticks out? The Hawks took 24 three pointers to the Wolves 10....the Hawks shoot 34-85 from the field and the Wolves 40-85. If the Hawks had attempted to slice that zone like the textbook says to do with more 2 point shots with the right players on the court - no doubt this would have been a freakin victory.

Replace 15 of those 3 point attempts with 2 point attempts and it would have been a victory despite the horrendous defensive effort. because only 7 makes would have been needed to overcome the final 10 point deficit.

We need to replace Emmanuel Davis with a CBA point guard. Thats about as good as he is and at least a CBAer will put forth an effort to try to stay here.

No, we need more Hawk fans going to the games. 6,000 attendance is ridiculous! Lon Kruger is doing a great job and I think the players respond well to him. You can't play starters for 48 minutes without a 4th period meltdown. Usually the second team plays well- though not last night. Even when the starters went back in, they continued to play bad. It happens sometimes but let's not throw the coach out with the bathwater. I think you're over-reacting just a little bit my friend.

• Premium Member

Are you 12 or 14 or something? In the original post, the poster talked about mistakes made in the game and your replay is that we need more fans??

Were the fans going to help Lon's bad decisions. We had less fans show up to watch Toronto-Atlanta and we blew them out. That suggests that fans don't matter. What does is coaching. Lon's coaching is subpar. We are beating teams we should because we are outclassing them. However, against the teams that we can beat, we lose horribly because against good teams, our flaws are more dramatic. I give Lon til Dec. 19. After that, Babcock should have moved to get somebody good in here to coach us into the playoffs.

As long as Lon is coaching, we are like a High powered ferrari that's can go no faster than 45. We will never reach our true potential.

Exactly. There were more Hawks fans at this game actually than there were at the Raptors game. They booed quite noticeably at the end of this game. If we don't get a new coach soon - or unless Lon makes sane substitutions and motivates his team the right way - perhaps instead of clapping for his team the way he did last night when they were losing by 23 points - he should have been glaring at them, getting ready to pour hot water on them in the locker room. We need a coach in here to light a fire under our asses!

I meant to say unless we get a new coach we will lose what little fans we do have. Atlanta fans may be fickle but they would be quick to jump on a bandwagon if it proves itself for real. The Hawks could have extended their winning streak to 4 last night quite easily. All they had to do probably was take 15 less 3 pointers and give Reef 15 more shots instead. Jeez, ride Reef - most of the time he's going to give you a 2 or at least draw a foul. This guy is in a groove, why the [censored] do you run plays for JT to shoot a half dozen 3s, Dion to shoot 3 3s in a row at one point! what a freakin waste!

Exactly...man when Dog was brought here I thought that we would run the O through Reef. He should touch the ball every time down...most of the time he will get the 2 or the foul ....if the double team comes thats where Dog and JT should make their living. If they double off a big then that would leave Theo in good positioning for O rebounds. With all that said we did not lose last night because of O...we lost because of no fire on D period. I think this team will be very good when they play every night on D...we rely to heavily on O right now. They actually played better D consistently at the end of last season....I think it will get back to that and we will be right there at the end.

We need another 3point shooter. We wasted money on signing Darvin Ham when we could have gotten Walt Williams to compensate for losing DJ's shooting. We have no one other than Terry (and he get's streaky at times) to take the pressure off of our scorers inside. The Hawks get most of there points from inside the arc but when we play a team with alot of size like the T-Wolves that puts a clamp on what we can do offensively.

He isn't worse than Email Davis.That is impossible.

Email is worse than Enis Whatley.I knew Email's so

called"defense"only looked decent because we were

just so bad on defense last year that his few charges

looked like something great.

M.M. is the "Slow white guy" that is a scrub, otherwise

he would have been playing somewhere before now.

That being said and agreed to, he may bring this Hawk

team some veteran know how that they need right now.

Matt's shooting runs hot and cold. He is not the first,

second and usually not the third scoring option, or

wasn't when he played here before.

I have watched as he failed to hit shots that would have

made a huge difference in a loosing cause. Then I have

watched as he was left open late in the game and he

drilled two or three straight baskets from outside, some

of them the three point kind. Adding nine points in

the last five minutes of a game can change things in a

hurry when the game is close.

Hot & cold --- that's M.M. Now that he is a back up

player, being cold will not necessarily cause the Hawks

as much grief as it would when he was a starter. On

the other hand, if he comes into the game with a hot

hand, look out. He can change the game in a hurry!