• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many of you can agree?

y2kenta

How bad do we need a PG? What calibre PG should we get?

If you think about it, we could easily make the playoffs with a backcourt of JJ and A.I. or JJ and JT, but either would come at good penny. Claxton could be a very decent starter, but he's a very poor shooter, could he stay healthy and could he lead us to the playoffs?

We have:

- [Lue] - is a solid veteran PG that's equal or better than Claxton. He's quick, compliments JJ, runs the offense like a new motor, excels in uptempo style, and can shoot the 3pt with a good %. He also won a ring in LA alongside 2 greats and a legendary coach. Only problem is he's just not a strong enough defender to start.

- [salim] - is quick, shoots lights out, started to really improve his PG skills before the injury, and though he's a tweener, he's got the abilities to play the PG spot off the bench as well as switch to SG when complimenting a big guard like JJ.

- [Grundy or Ivey] - unless Lue is traded, we'll have to drop one or the other. Grundy is a better PG offensively, but Ivey's a better defender, who's not totally great at that. I'd say put them both in the summer league and decide which can be the 3rd PG. Now if Lue's is kept and we add a Marcus Williams via the draft or a nice FA starting PG, chances are, both Ivey and AG will be dropped. Unless Chillz gets moved, allowing Salim to split the backup SG role with Donta.

So would you guys agree that we should just...(the following plans include either trading Al for a '07 1st or letting him walk)

[1] DRAFT BIG if LA slips and add PG in 2nd

- Draft L.Aldridge at #5 (if he falls) and DariusW/ DeeB/ Diaz at #33

- Sign J.Terry - 5yr $40-45M

or

[2] DRAFT SMALL iand add BIG in 2nd

- Draft MarcusW at #5 (if he falls) and JustinW/ SolomonJ/ EricW at #33

- Sign Nene or Pryz or Nazr

I like the two plans. Both 1 and 2 are reasonable ideas. It is a good thing to not sign a FA that is the same position as our first round pick.

But a lot of what you say about lue is a little bit rosy. He would be a back-up for any other team. His defense is terrible. He can pass alright, but I wouldn't say he runs the offense like a new motor, in fact I wouldn't say he runs the offense as well as an NBA PG should. He does however shoot the 3 with a good %. He is not equal or better than claxton. He is worse than claxton, and claxton isn't very good.

None of the PGs we have now are true Point Guards that like to run the offense, penetrate, pass the ball. Salim cant dribble for his life and he turns the ball over too much he likes too shoot 1st before anything and in some cases over does it same goes with Tyron Lue. Lue is a scorer 1st then passer we dont need those type of PGs we have enough scorers on this team. I have said it for a while getting a guy like Brevin Knight who ranked high in assits and low in turn overs would be a nice fit for us. Knight is only 31 in his prime and would be PG for the next 4-5 years. We can go big in this draft taking an Alridge/Bargani and maybe signing a Nene. I would look hard at Brevin Knight from wat I read hes for trade.

I want to see how Salim progresses when he comes back from his injury. I think he can play point for us.

Re: FA. Forget it. With the bs going on with the owners, getting a quality Fa is a pipe dream

I like the play to draft big in the first. I think there will be some pg's fall to the second round that will turn out to be good, but they will not be immediate help.

All along we've heard they want a seasoned pg, so you wonder if they will use Al to get us a pg.???