• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have seen the light...

DJ_Money

...and changes must be made. Starting at the top with the coach, Lon Kruger.

I didn't see the three "good" quarters we played Friday. I only made it home in time to see the 4th and the 2OTs. I saw the entire game last night.

Watching our offense is sickening. We have no offense. JT will dribble to the top of the key, SAR/Robinson/Theo will set a pick, and we pray that someone gets open.

It's not gonna work. We don't have Stockton and Malone in Atlanta. NBA players are smart enough to recognize and rotate on the play before we even reach halfcourt, we're too predictable. Even when Ira has a good shooting night, teams will still shut down the pick-and-roll and dare Ira to keep shooting. We might as well bring in Van Gundy if that's the type of offensive game we want to play.

Our play in the paint was horrible. Supposedly, we have the best frontcourt in the East. We outrebounded Boston 44-41 last night, but they outscored us in the paint 40-14. That's pathetic. Can someone tell 'Reef to get back in the post? He could have owned Walker there. But, he stands around on the perimeter, trying to go off the dribble and shoot perimeter jumpers, and that's why he only had 2 FGs all night.

But, the main problem is that we don't value the basketball. I've had coaches tell me since I was 6 that every possession is worth 4 points, against Boston it's probably 6. Out of our 25 TOs, 17 came on steals. How many bad passes can you throw in one game? I [censored] near threw my remote through the TV on the play where Big Dog made the steal, and then threw the ball right back to Shammond Williams. Actually, I think he did that twice.

I have a really bad feeling that Seattle is going to put on a clinic Tuesday. Typing this at 9 on a Sunday morning is depressing. At least the Falcons will be on in a few hours. As much as I dislike Reeves, he's a saint compared to Kruger.

• Admin

A good team yet though. We've been winning on bursts of teamwork combined with outstanding play of one particular player on a given night. Winning is a process, it does not just happen by throwing together a group of good players.

You have to learn to walk before you can run. As a team we are just walking right now. Against some teams, walking through a game and having an outstanding night from one player has been enough. Against boston, a veteran, playoff team that knows how to play together, walking will not get it done.

The question is can this team be taught how to run before they run out of time? It's too early to tell that right now. We've seen bursts where this team plays like a very good team. But they aren't good enough as a team to do that consistantly. Especially against teams that are obviously better TEAMS than us.

Relax and stay calm. Enjoy the good moments, we will have plenty of them. But don't freak out because we get beat by teams that are better than us. Patience.

• Premium Member

Sitting on our hands, doing nothing and hoping is not going to help this team. As I have said countless times, Lon is not ready to coach on this level. Time to get someone who knows the ins and outs.

MY short list:

Chuck Daily.

Brian Hill

Mike Dunleavy

Greg Hill

Mike Fratello.

This team can beat those inexperienced, untalented teams by will, however, good playoff bound teams will always beat us because we just don't have the right coaching.

• Premium Member

Mike Jarvis... I like him but Say No to College coaches. Not only are they disrespected amoung coaches and players but also amoung refs.

Alex English... Yep. I would consider him or Stotts.

Rick Mahorn... Nobody really told me why Rick was released in the first place. Probably that Rick New that Lon couldn't get it done and Rick has never been one to hold his tongue. After all that, Yep, I'd take him.

Perry Clark.... Again Say No to college coaches. That goes for Clark, Izzo, Lute, or whoever else you want... Another reason is that these coaches are used to recruiting. However, can you still coach well when you don't have a good recruiting class?

However, BHD.. You must also understand why I choose who I did.

Daily, Hill, and Dunleavy. All have championship experience and tons of Player experience and they all understand Players on THIS level. We really don't need anymore project coaches. What we need is a coach who has been there before and has done that... Someone who isn't rattled by tactics and someone who knows how to make in game adjustments. I think that should be the standard for whoever we bring in.