Yall kill me thinkin you know everything!!!!!!!!!!

BBallPrincess

Quote:

Marvin put up more stats than Kobe in his rookie year. Granted he got more minutes, but he was ready for more minutes.

Somebody do a tendex per 48! Just kidding of course

Big difference maker, Kobe started in LA, Marvin Atlanta. Kobe came to a team of stars, Marvin; a team of breast feeding babies who was learning how to eat baby food

I think Marvin was a little too tentative on offense when he did get minutes to play. On Defense the Hawks always have players playing out of position. Marvin would pick up fouls trying to guard the other teams Powerforwards and sometimes shooting guards. Billy Knight & Woody need to define a position for each Hawks players and quit playing these guys out of their natural position.

This guy was in the same High School Draft class as Josh Smith, Rudy Gay, Dwight howard and others. He wasnt even regarded as a top 10 pick. He goes to UNC and has an avg season now is the next coming of Kobe get real. If last years NBA draft were to be redone he wouldnt even be a top 7 Pick IMO. People here cant seem to agree that this guy was the wrong pick he has done nothing to warrant himself the 2nd overall pick. I agree with Diesel if the right trade comes along for Williams including one for Jermaine Oneal or another allstar big Id send him packing in a heartbeat. We are gonna attempt to move a player in Josh Smith to accomdate Marvin Williams being a SF and the 2nd overall pick. Frankly Marvin Williams isnt even the better SF at this point so we are willing to hurt the team in order to do justice to picking this guy so high. We already made a mistake in passing on Chris Paul over him lets not make another.

Quote:

Someone said "AL had his chance of being the man.....", but he still showed and proved last year, and this year. Al has never been considered a clutch player...ever! He was traded to a team with 18 year olds, 1st year players, 1st year coach. He was brought into a whole new system. He did his part. He's no shaq, he's no wade, but mind you this is a kid that never played basketball, or had a passsion to play until the 10th grade. Al was a kid that had balance issues and was awkward. He was forced to play by his coach. /he then became USA Today's high school player of the year in a three year period to be takin outta HS.

Had his chance to be the man? Come on. Yall supposed basketball junkies and Hawks fans know what we got to work with. YOu gotta keep your core group together at least 3 years. Maybe a little more than that when they are mostly rookies. He still avereaged 17/19 points a game in a system that had no structure, no trust, no chem, and no orginazation, and no winning appetite. You gotta guy who came from a winning system, to a team with with no substance. You gotta a guy that actually wants to stay and play for this loosing franchise. Now don't get me wrong I love the Hawks good or bad, hell my uncle played for this team in the 80's with Charlie Cris, Treetop....

The Hawks need to learn how to have loyalty to their folks. They lost that skill when they let Nique go....(unless yall don't agree on that either)

Don't be mad when he goes somewhere else and does his thing thing.

I need to go back into the archives and see how yall talked bout Boris. He was probly being dragged by the bus let alone under it

I'll keep it simple.... He does't rebound enough to be a starting PF... He's best when coming off the bench as the 6th man like he was in Indy.

Quote:

This guy was in the same High School Draft class as Josh Smith, Rudy Gay, Dwight howard and others. He wasnt even regarded as a top 10 pick. He goes to UNC and has an avg season now is the next coming of Kobe get real. If last years NBA draft were to be redone he wouldnt even be a top 7 Pick IMO. People here cant seem to agree that this guy was the wrong pick he has done nothing to warrant himself the 2nd overall pick. I agree with Diesel if the right trade comes along for Williams including one for Jermaine Oneal or another allstar big Id send him packing in a heartbeat. We are gonna attempt to move a player in Josh Smith to accomdate Marvin Williams being a SF and the 2nd overall pick. Frankly Marvin Williams isnt even the better SF at this point so we are willing to hurt the team in order to do justice to picking this guy so high. We already made a mistake in passing on Chris Paul over him lets not make another.

Marvin would of been 1st overall pick this year if he had stayed in Unc. He would be a star on that team alongside Hansbrough. I would say he would be averaging about 20 and 10 and carry that team to Final Four.

Quote:

What I am saying is that if a good deal for Marvin (that helps the Hawks) comes along, then Marvin get your rugrats Backpack, your spongebob pillow and be on your way...

Too many of you guys are willing to kill the team in hopes of proving that Marvin was a good pick.

That's Backwards.

Team comes first.

I think we can expect to see more of Marvin's potential this season. He didn't seem ready right away, and as the year went on he improved in both stats and team play. Its too soon to tell if he was the right pick yet or not, but I think we'll get a better idea after this season.

Chris Paul would have made this team better just like he did the Hornets. We would simply be a defensive big man away from being a great team with Paul/JJ/Smoove/Harrington/Zaza starting and Chill/Salim/Lue off the bench. But given that, I still think Marvin potentially can become the best player in that draft, the only problem with potential is that you never know if it will be maximized or not.

IF we were to trade Marvin so soon I would only do it for another rising young star. A trade such as Marvin/Al for D. Howard for instance, but I seriously doubt the Magic would bite at that. Another trade I love is Marvin for Livingston which I think Diesel has suggested before. Seems fair straight up, and Livingston would fit in perfect for this team. One of the best fits currently in the NBA for this team since he is young, fast, athletic, and a true pass first PG.

With Livingston/JJ/Smoove/Al/Zaza with Lue/Chill/Salim and this years 1st round pick off the bench, we would be a very dangerous team assuming Livingston can stay healthy. I think AL's lack of rebounding and defense wouldn't be so noticable if we had another defensive big to swap in and out with Zaza. There wouldn't be many rebounds or blocks left with Smoove and the defensive big back there.