• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rondo is our man.

seacharl

Like most others on the squawk, I too am some what nutreal (is there no spell check on this board? smile.gif on Shelden Williams at #5. I wouldn't riot if we choose him nor would I jump for joy. Kinda like Vanilla Ice Cream. smile.gif

However, I really, Really, REALLY, think we should take a good hard look at Rajon Rondo. No, not at #5, (I like him, but not THAT much) but in somesort of trade down (N.O., Seatle, etc.) or trade up (from our second round #33)

From everything I've read and seen, Rajon is nearly a perfect fit for us as a starting PG. The fact that his J is garbage has been said a million times, but I beleive with J.J. and all the other shooters we have, we wouldn't NEED him to hoist a ton of shots.

What he DOES bring to the squad far out weighs his (lack of)shooting prowress.

His defense is superb. No more Brevin Knights/Jameer Nelson's torching us night in and night out. To me this was our biggest deficency last year.

He's a past first guard. He'll get the ball up the court and into JJ, Smoove, and Marvin's hands. With the uptempo/versitle line-ups B.K. is trying to build he is the perfect conduit for our offense.

He gets to the hole. See point # 1 but in reverse. smile.gif Rondo penetration = dunks for everyone else.

You add a big man with another pick in this draft and the Hawks are a borderline 7th or 8th seed and you STILL have boatloads of money to throw at FA.

The fact that Billy has called Rajon in for a workout gives me hope that he too see's his potential. You can probably see I'm sold on the guy, my question to you all is, How do we get him?

I really liked Rondo earlier in the season for us but have kind of forgot about him lately. I'm glad to see Billy is bringing him in for a workout. I really wanted to see his combine numbers, oh well. I'm neutral on Shelden at the #5 spot. I could got for him if we trade down. Billy Knight's secretive ways have reached their culmination for me as a Hawks fans as I have no idea what he's going to do. As much as it has pissed me off in the past, it's actually sort of fun now. Go figure.

He'd be my choice if he could shoot (those numbers from UK are bad enough to make Dion Glover and Rumeal Robinson blush). For the love of GOD, I hope he's worked on that aspect of his game because the last thing he would want to be is a liability on the offensive end. You know, the guy the other team leaves wide open because the entire building knows he can't beat you consistently enough from outside (the Ty Corbin defense the Bulls used in the '96 playoffs).

Quote:

He'd be my choice if he could shoot (those numbers from UK are bad enough to make Dion Glover and Rumeal Robinson blush). For the love of GOD, I hope he's worked on that aspect of his game because the last thing he would want to be is a liability on the offensive end. You know, the guy the other team leaves wide open because the entire building knows he can't beat you consistently enough from outside (the Ty Corbin defense the Bulls used in the '96 playoffs).

Or like every Boris Diaw Hawks game ever?

You also have to realize that Ivey started 66 games last year and only squeezed out 3.5 pts/ 1 asst/ 1 reb. He has a worst jumper, is less athletic/ offensive-minded, is an inferior playmaker, and is half the talent that Rondo is. So simply think about if Rondo was started alongside JJ instead of Ivey. Rondo is like a more athletic TJ Ford

We would have a more explosive, athletic playmaker that could compliment JJ a lot better. Then he'd be backup by a combo of Lue and an improved Salim.

I think it could work as long as we added some defensive beef inside along with Andersen via the draft and FA. Here's why I think we can't lose Al for nothing and a S&T for Daly would definately fill that need. Or even a Al (S&T) to BOS for #7 + filler.

#1. LINEUP - BOS Trade

C - Zaza / Andersen / Edwards

PF - Shelden (#5)/ Batista / Justin W. (#33)

SF - Smoove / Marvin / Donta

SG - JJ / Chillz / filler

PG - Rondo (#7)/ Salim / Lue

#2. LINEUP - PHI Trade

C - Daly / Zaza / Andersen

PF - Smoove / Batista / Justin W. (#33)

SF - Marvin / Chillz

SG - JJ / Salim / Donta

PG - Marcus (#5)/ Lue / Grundy or Ivey

Good idea but I just can't bring myself to do it. I will always have a mindset that a guard should be fully able to pull and fire from the outside with accuracy, especially when the occasion calls for it. A guy who you can't leave open is as deadly as a pit viper in a playpen. The opposing defenses can't double down nearly as hard on the key players, which makes your team that much more dangerous on the offensive end. That what makes guys like Nash so effective because you really don't know how to guard him; you can't get too close or he will get by you and if you fall asleep, he will make you pay a severe price from downtown. If Rondo had that one skillset, I'd make him my first choice along with Roy. Since he obviously does not, I would only consider him in a trade down. Far down.