• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok...time to go on record.

DavidSomerset

Guest Walter

Quote:

Time to predict who we are going to take at #5...assume no trade is made for us to move up or down.

I think we end up taking Aldridge.

But without a trade I see Shelden.

No offense but of the rumored players; Roy, Foye, MW, Aldridge, he's tied for 2nd with Foye as the least fave of mine. We'd simply have to trade the lesser of Marvin and JS for that to make sense to me as Shelden shouldn't play center.

W

Quote:

Aldridge

Bargnani

Shelden

in order of availability. I'm hoping for Aldridge, but all things considered I expect us to end up with Shelden

I think it will be

Bargnani

Shelden

Aldridge

Just a gut feeling, but like others, I also suspect Aldridge is the one with a suspect medical report...If not, he is the no brainer best big out of the bunch.

Would be sweet if we dropped down and still got a healthy Aldridge.

Assuming no trade...

"Krhm... This thing on? One two, one two. Right. With the fifth pick in the 2006 NBA draft, we, the Atlanta Hawks select Ruuuudyyyy Gay-ah!"

With the two bigs he will be considering (Bargnani & Aldridge) picked between 1 and 4 and not able to trade down to pick Shelden at around pick 10, BK goes with the "clearly best" prospect of the guys left at nr. 5.

I actually wouldn't be to mad at picking Shelden at 5 if BK don't get a fair trade for the pick. A bit like Toronto last year. Not able to get a deal together for a late lottery pick they got ahead and picked Villanueva a bit too early, feeling he still would be the best fit for them.

Quote:

...Hey genius. Barea was SECOND IN THE NCAA IN ASSISTS!

HE BROKE THE PORTSMOUTH RECORD FOR ASSISTS IN A GAME. AND HE AVG 13.5 for the tournament...

C'mon JB...we can't look at actual production in competitive games as a barometer of success at the next level. We prefer long-armed risers with holes in their games...get with the program!

Quote:

Quote:

HE BROKE THE PORTSMOUTH RECORD FOR ASSISTS IN A GAME. AND HE AVG 13.5 for the tournament...

C'mon JB...we can't look at actual production in competitive games as a barometer of success at the next level. We prefer long-armed risers with holes in their games...get with the program!

(loosely cribbed from Bill Simmons)

Rule #1 for drafting: Ignore the player's history. Base everything on workouts alone.

Rule #2 for drafting: If there is a fuzzy 2-minute Zapruder-like film of the player, he is even more worthy of the pick than if you had actually seen him play.

Quote:

Quote:

Oh damn I forgot! LMAO

It is funny how the NBA draft has become like the NFL in terms of identifying "physical specimens". Don't folks realize that basketball is a more skilled game than football is? It doesn't matter if you are an athlete or a physical marvel if you have no skills?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh damn I forgot! LMAO

It is funny how the NBA draft has become like the NFL in terms of identifying "physical specimens". Don't folks realize that basketball is a more skilled game than football is? It doesn't matter if you are an athlete or a physical marvel if you have no skills?

Skills are really important, for example: computer hacking skills, bow-hunting skills..