• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Observations

Jdawgflow

• Premium Member

Most everyone here knows that I am an avid reader of this site, but tend to "listen" more than post. Doing this recently has given me the chance to figure out what I really think about the current Hawks' topics.

1. I think that the Hawks need to keep the 5th pick and get the best player available. To me, that would be Bargnani, Roy, and then Shelden.

2. I think that the AI trade will not be helpful unless the Hawks only had to trade Al / Childress.

3. Childress is possibly my favorite Hawk. With that said, I think that trading him in the above trade or by himself for another lottery pick to pick up a point or big would be beneficial.

4. I think that Donta could probably give similar production as Chill if Chill is traded.

5. I think the Al for Magloire trade (only if it is a straight up trade) is a very good deal.

6. I think that the forward combo of JSmith and Marvin will be a lot better than most think. I know I will be accused of homerism, but after watching the Hawks at the end of last season, I really believe that Marvin is going to be a force sooner than later. His ability to beat his man and get to the free throw line will make him a star (and we all know that getting to the stripe is important in the playoffs...see Dwayne Wade).

7. I think that the ownership situation is very scary. While I hope that the Spirit will prevail, I fear that Belkin has a very good chance to take over.

8. I think that Al needs to be SnT at all costs. While he is a good player, Al is just not what the Hawks need. Watching our young guys play at the end of the season (mostly without Al) was very refreshing and gave me hope for the future.

9. I think that the Hawks have a good chance to make the playoffs next year provided we get two bigs and a point (the do not have to be stars). I am also taking into consideration in this assumption the Spirit will keep the team.

10. I think that this site is my favorite to check out on the net and I am very proud to be a member of the Squawk. Also, I think it would be great to have the chance to meet some of you guys. Maybe we will be lucky enough to have another invite from the owners this year.

• Admin

2. Agreed. Giving up much more hamstrings us too much. Though I might consider the Al, the pick and an player.

6. I agree completely. I think that they can both be forces in the league. Though I think Marvin has some physical attributes that will put him above Josh unless Josh is training like a madman.

10. Thanks! Hopefully the team will give us something to want to get together for!

Excellent post! (because it matches what I believe).

2. I wouldn't give them Chill. Maybe Ivey, Lue, or Donta - but not Chill.

4. I think Chill is way better than Donta, some of it is the intangibles.

5. Great - but not likely

6. Yeeesssss. Smoove and Marvin play well together. (I was hoping for a similar pairing in the backcourt with JJ and Roy but I guess that isn't happening.)

9. Could one of the Bigs be Andersen?

Quote:

4. I think Chill is way better than Donta, some of it is the intangibles.

Donta is a much better defender than Childress, he is much stronger and he can create his own shot 1 on 1 much better than Childress.

Childress has to be spoon fed his shot opportunities. And this "intangible" stuff is amusing considering no player on the roster had more late game bone headed plays than Childress.

Quote:

...Childress has to be spoon fed his shot opportunities. And this "intangible" stuff is amusing considering no player on the roster had more late game bone headed plays than Childress.

Yeah, you got a point there ex. How many times were we crossing our fingers when he tried to throw the ball in at the end of the game. It was getting comical there for awhile :-)

• Premium Member

9. I definately think that one of the bigs could be Andersen. I would even be happy if the Hawks got Sheldon or Bargnani, Andersen, another cheaper big (maybe Jackie Butler) and then traded Al for a point (maybe Andre Miller).

To me, three bigs is even better than two. They will all get playing time. Plus, I think competition for PT is good. And it would be great trying to figure out which person to play instead of praying to find another person to see if they can play (hope that made sense).

• Premium Member

I don't want you guys to get me wrong. I think Chill is the better player right now than Donta. I am just not sure by how much. That is hard for me to say b/c Chill is my favorite Hawk. But like you said Exodus, the defense that Donta is capable of could prove to be very valuable, especially considering what Chill could bring back in a trade. But I will still be happy if the Hawks keep Chill (I just want to do whatever it takes to get the team to win).