• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just how effective has Theo and Newble been?

• Premium Member

Our game is built around the individual's play.. We really don't have a team game. So, sure, you take out one component and we become weaker. Noticably. That's because we don't have that gameplan...System... Whatever you want to call it, we like it and that's because we lack good coaching.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Truth is you coach to "bu9ild around" both your player's strengths and within an overall team defensive system. DUH!?!

I like the way you put Duh by that. Now, Let's show how STUPID that statement really is.

So you mean, you believe that we ought to build our offense around THEO knowing that we cannot count on THEO being there 100% of the time? That would mean that if Theo goes down, OUR Defense goes down with him?

Stupid isn't it.

Defense in these yrs are no longer focused on ONE player or Two players. However, IN THESE yrs, defense is a TEAM effort. What that means is that every team must be able to rotate and they must knowwhat they are responsible for. That's the thing that plagues us withh JT's defense. He's relying on Theo or someone to back him up so he lets guys roam right past him. Problem is that when Theo isn't in the game, Guys roam right past him.

That's not how defense should be taught. It should be taught to this team as a game of rotation and cover. And Lon's not doing it. He's hoping that Theo and Ira can handle the defensive duties and everyone else can handle offense. If we go with that premise (with our talent) we will always allow 99 ppg. However, just like Movement of the ball on offense is important. Movement is important on defense. I haven't seen Sign 1 that Lon is coaching that.

In reply to:

Second, when you have two extremely good defenders with near awesome defensive capabilities in Theo and Ira you
d@mn
well better focus on their individual strengths as defenders! What are ya gonna do? Have Theo always FRONT HIS MAN because of some system that calls for it? [censored] no! Keep Theo between the opposition and the goal and take advantage of his incredible shot blocking ability and intimidation factor.

[censored], you have no clue. Again. You act as if we can go out there without a system because we have Theo and Ira. NO NO NO. Just because you have a good player doesn't mean you chuck the system. What was Jordan before the triangle. He was a great player.. However, with the triangle, he was still a great player but more than that he was a champion. Just Like Jordan learned to play HIS game within the system (triangle), Theo and Ira would have to learn to play their defense within the system. The system would not take away their strengths.. but it would keep the rest of the team prepared if THEY were not available.

Try again ROOKIE.

If you don't center our defense around one of the league's best defenders and certainly ours then our season has already "gone down" the drain.

Better to adjust when the time comes SHOULD IT COME than to hog-tie your best defender and the team's defense within a system (How is this "without a system" as you so desperately accuse me of saying?) that fails to use him properly.

I'm not even reading any further. You speak nonsense and even failed (just like in all your TALK you failed to set an objective standard in terms of wins and loses for when a coaching change should be made) to address the FIRST notion that insisted your delimna was a false one. You coach to your individual player's abilities! DUH! and you coach within a system.

W

• Premium Member

Right now, we don't have a System or Anything in place.

You need to understand the argument.

I said that we should have a system in place. (Period).

I also said that we should not limit our defensive thinking around "We have Theo and Ira, we are fine defensively". If we don't have a defensive gameplan, we will continue to do what we have been doing. Looking good while they are in the game and as soon as they leave, we look horrid. We shouldn't base our defense on THeo and Ira.

Understand what's being talked about before you just jumpin all willy neally... Dumbass.

Whatever.

At least you admit that without Theo and Ira defensively we look horrid. The next step is for you to admit that looking horrid defensively is actually important as you have incessantly insisted that you don't need defense in today's NBA as you can outscore everyone.

You're not only all over the map, you are off it. I QUOTED YOU! 2 sentences that stated how we shouldn't coach to Theo's and Ira's defensive abilities but rather a system. As if you shouldn't and we don't already do both.

W

Right now we look [censored] horrible with Theo and Ira.This

team has no heart.Teams without defense have no heart.

69 first half points.What a f***in joke.Theo hasn't done

a [censored] thing in 4 games but stand there.