• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

should be our pick in that order.

Aldridge got 5 votes for "most like to have" and 0 for "least like to have."

Roy got 4 votes for "most like to have" and 0 for "least like to have."

Foye got 2 votes for "most like to have" and 0 for "least like to have."

If we take one of those 3, I think we will hear the least amount of bitching, depending of course on who is left on the board when we pick.

Quote:

I'm suprised Bargnani got that many votes. I would have thought Roy was going to win for most wanted. I think the second poll is no longer necessary. It's very clear nobody wants the Hawks to get Gay.

Bargnani cannot find the paint or defend (Euro's don't defend except AK47)

• Premium Member

Roy and then Shelly (lol) Williams.

Shelden is rugged man... Gritty and rugged. Defensive minded. I love it.

Though he may be a potential talent, I want no part of Gay; that would just be laughably redundant. Just the same, if he turns out to be incredible...I want BK to feel the heat for drafting so many swingmen every year before him.

Quote:

Just out of curiosity why do so many people want Bargnani?

It's the Nowitzki comparisons being made by NBA scouts that have me uber-intrigued by Bargnani. I mean who *wouldn't* want a player like Dirk Nowitzki on their team?

Guest Walter

Quote:

Just out of curiosity why do so many people want Bargnani?

He fills a positional need (Pf) and has superstar potential.

Even if you think/thought MW had/has superstar potential, he didn't/doesn't fill a positional need. Given he's never been remotely as good as Josh Smith I can't see why people insist upon believing he has superstar potential, much less more than JS. Quite simply, we NEED to get a player, a rare find that fits both team positional, skill, and superstar potential needs. You simply don't find that too often and when you do you better jump on it. Bargnani is such a player for us. Instead of half-assing the draft with players that almost fit the team or we hope despite the evidence they have superstar potential, this guy does both. Does he solve all our problems? No and no one player could. But he makes all of them more manageable by eleminating two very big ones and further freeing up redundant capitol to get additional talent and skill to fill remaining few holes.

W

That's right people, let us show our cards.

Because I'm hoping there's a decrease in the hindsight mastery which is the bash BK over not drafting Paul misery.

Noone saying they didn't want a person, that person end up being good, and them bashing our GM for drafting him.

I voted for Aldridge. Least wanting is a 2007 pick since i hope by then not to depend on developing more talent.

Quote:

Bargnani cannot find the paint or defend (Euro's don't defend except AK47)

And I guess you think Shelden can defend and post up NBA 7 footers? Yea, then we all wake up and realize we are in the lottery again and this time, oops, we have no pick!

Pick Bargnman or Aldrige

Do not pick Shelden or Gay

Quote:

And I guess you think Shelden can defend and post up NBA 7 footers? Yea, then we all wake up and realize we are in the lottery again and this time, oops, we have no pick!

Shelden can't be a post presence because of his height? Tell that to the guy who just tied Mutombo for most DPOTY of all time.