• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why do so many of you freak out when a rumor of

Admin

a trade comes up? Every time that Billy makes a trade, it seems like the vast majority on here freak out about it because we never get much in the trade, at least in the rumor phase. Then when the trade actually happens we end up getting a lot better than the rumor was for, like an extra first round pick (at least when we are giving up the more established player). So even though this Lakers trade is probably not true, I still dont see why anyone would actually believe that Billy would accept less than equal value for someone as valuable as Al (arguably his best trade asset since being our GM). I expect NOTHING less than a quality NBA starter at the 1 or 5 and/or a 1st round draft choice in next years draft. I believe we will do a trade where we get a guy like Andre Miller or someone established like him for Al.

No, there are plenty of people freaking out about it, saying that BK will have lost his mind and he should be fired and this and that ... without one ounce of proof about the rumor even being true. People always jump to conclusions on here when there is any type of rumor instead of waiting to find out the truth, which we always do later on and its almost always different terms than the rumor we have heard.

• Moderators

Quote:

Every time that Billy makes a trade, it seems like the vast majority on here freak out about it because we never get much in the trade, at least in the rumor phase. Then when the trade actually happens we end up getting a lot better than the rumor was for, like an extra first round pick (at least when we are giving up the more established player).

I agree that people are unnecessarily freaking out but what trades are you taking about here? I can't think of any where we got a first rounder more than expected even though several trades have been fine (such as us ending up with Smoove, etc.)

I am referring to all of the trades BK has made since he has been here, where we have almost always gotten a little more than what was originally "reported" online, which people always seem to react so negatively to. I believe that we got a first for Rasheed and a first for Antoine, right? Even the trades where its not a first rounder, we usually get better players than originally "reported".

You are figuring out what I have found out in the past two years. There are a lot of Hawks fans that would give your average Ole Miss fan a run for their money in the IQ department. I mean, look at some of the idiotic moves some on this board have proposed. To think that there are actually Hawks fans that want the Hawks to kill their salary structure and the future of this basketball team by acquiring Steve Francis and his bloated contract. That tells you all you need to know.

I have no idea what is going through their minds. Not only do those players have bad contracts, but those players have never lead their teams anywhere. Steve Francis has had problems everywhere he has ever been, yet some think he is going to suddenly change in Atlanta. So, I have no idea what gives.

I actually thought we might be able to steal Maurice Williams from the Bucks this offseason, but Milwaukee got smart and dealt T.J. Ford instead.

I'm thinking that Billy may be able to steal Monta Ellis from the Warriors this offseason now. Maybe Golden State doesn't realize what they have in Ellis and are willing to deal him for the "quick fix".

You all act as if you can get good players without paying. You can win with a bunch of rookies and minimal salary players. The Clippers tried for 30 years. The best case scenerio is the Bulls, but even they now realize that you have to pay to get stars which is why they are gearing up to offer Wallace the max.

You all can wish of the Mo petes and Speedy Claxtons all you want I want a star. And to get stars you have to pay.

Chauncey Billups had problems everywhere as well till he got to the Pistons. so did the beloved Sam Cassell. Every situation is different. Players mature.

It is hilarious that your only suggestions are for young players who get no playing time on their respective teams. Who are you going to suggest next Louis Williams?

Quote:

Quote:

And to get stars you have to pay.

Just like the New York Knicks? wink.gif

The smart teams are like the Spurs, Pistons, etc. who spend their money wisely.

Wisely is a subjective term, The Spurs and Pistons don't have bargain basement teams. They didn't stock their teams with 2 and 3rd year players. They went and got veterans.

What's more amazing is that people who don't agree with the majority have to hear about their true "fanship." Which is total stupid! Boston fans, New York fans, LA fans all get upset to a higher degree if there are moves that they don't agree with. I don't agree with all of BK's move, but when I do agree I say so. I hated the draft which some of you still hate that we disagree with BK, but I'll support the Hawks and the players in uniform. Doesn't make us any less loyal than the guys with 1000 posts and great signatures!

• Moderators

Quote:

Wisely is a subjective term, The Spurs and Pistons don't have bargain basement teams. They didn't stock their teams with 2 and 3rd year players. They went and got veterans.

They didn't overpay a single player like Francis, either.

The jury is out on Orlando?

That got INSTANTLY better after they traded Steve Francis and put Jameer Nelson in at point guard. They finished the season as strong as any team in the league and are in great shape to make the playoffs next season. Getting rid of Steve Francis was addition by subtraction for the Magic. They were able to get a more team oriented player on the floor, and that player is actually better than Steve Francis. Go figure. All they got in that deal was Trevor Ariza, and well, that's more than enough to get rid of Steve Francis.