• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I betcha Denver would deal us Miller.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm thinking it would take a Miller for Chillz deal.

That's something I would have to seriously consider.

But the truth is that having signed Nene to all that money, Denver will need some cap relief. That means trading some of their players for smaller contracts.

Unfortunately, Chillz is the only fit unless they would take Salim?

Wouldn't that be an early Christmas.

Salim and our 2nd rounder in 08 for Andre Miller.

If we do a deal w/ the Nuggets for Miller, I hope we can get Najera from them as well for our bench. I dont know what he makes and I am too lazy to look but I've always liked him from his days at OU. Of couse I am Sooner biased but I would like him on our bench.

I bet they would love to have Salim because alot of articles I've read about them states that they are desperate for shooting. I just don't think they would ever do a Salim/2nd for a proven player like Miller.

I'm not so sure I'd give up Chillz for him. Maybe we could bring in a 3rd team as part of a blockbuster Al Harington deal to send them a player along with Salim to get Miller.

Andre Miller probably isn't a bad short term fix for the Hawks at the point guard position. Ideally, if we were to get him, we could then jump back into the first round next year and get Ronald Steele from Alabama. Andre has three years remaining on his current deal, which was a 6 year, $51 million deal. He's a high assists man that doesn't turn the ball over, is great in transition, and is a solid defender. He's a terrible perimeter shooter though, and he is 30 years old right now.

Getting him makes A LOT more sense for the Hawks than getting Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury, or Allen Iverson.

I'd hate to have to give up Josh Childress, but this is the reason Billy stockpiled talent at those positions. The Hawks have the flexibility to deal Josh to get a player like Andre Miller, and considering that Denver needs a guy that can play guard, Josh Childress is probably the player they would want.

I certainly wouldn't mind Miller, but does anyone else think that Childress's play is eerily similar to Diaw's with the exception of far better production? I think that Chillz is at least on par or better than Diaw and given the right system would prove it!

I was thinking the same thing about aquiring a vet point guard for a short term fix. I thought Cassel would be perfect because he only wanted 2 years. His deal would've expired when we would be re-sigining the Joshes. I thought we could trade for one of the ones drafted this year like Rondo or Collins and have him learn under Cassel or we could draft one next year. (As as a Bama fan, I really like Ronald Steele) But it looks like Cassel will re-up with LA.

Ronald Steele is my favorite non-Mississippi State player in the NCAA. I think he's better than any of the point guards that were drafted this year. Right now, he's the player I've got my eye on for next year's draft, and I'm hoping Atlanta can find a way to get back into the first round to get him.

I think Josh is definitely a better player than Boris, by far. Josh has at least given the Hawks all of his effort over his two seasons in Atlanta.

The thing is though, with Josh Childress, Josh Smith, and Marvin Williams, the Hawks have the flexibility to deal from a position of strength to address a position of need. Teams around the league have called the Hawks to see if they were interested in trading Josh Childress, and the Hawks have turned down every offer up until this point. Hell, they may not be interested in dealing him now. Who knows?

• Admin

A big difference with Miller is even though he is 30 he doesn't have the wear and tear of AI as a 30 year old. I think he can keep his game level at a much higher rate. He came into the league a little older then most players. He is the perfect player that we need right now. He would make an excellent back court mate with JJ.

If we could get him for CHill I would do it in a heart beat. If the Knicks are looking at a Kmart for Francis deal then maybe a s-n-t of Al would work with the NUggets since they will be looking for a PF. However, the Nuggets are not going to give up Miller until they have a pg to replace him. They only have Boykins right now and he is not starting quality.

Well, they just gave Nene $60 million, so I imagine that he is going to start alongside Camby in the post. Unless they plan on playing Carmelo at guard, I don't see them being that interested in Al Harrington.

There seems to be some whispers out there that a darkhorse team for Al may be Golden State. I'd keep an eye on that one, because Billy might just be able to steal Monta Ellis from the Warriors.

That might be the only hold up, because they are going to do their best to get someone to take on Troy Murphy's, Adonal Foyle's, and Mike Dunleavy's contract. I could stomach Murphy's, because he will at least produce for you. He's just not really a fit for what the Hawks want to do, IMO.

Yeah thats the problem with GS is that they have nothing but rookie contracts or really ugly long contracts. To this point, BK has shown no interest in taking on bad contracts and as much as he likes Ellis, I couldn't see him doing it here. I think a 3rd team would have to get involved in order for us to deal with Golden State.

• Admin

He's not because he is not a banger. I have my heart set on Miller. I wanted him so bad in Atlanta last year. Maybe Devin Harris will become avliable if Dallas get Mike James to play PG with JT. They are kinda weak at SG with Stack getting older and Daniels not fitting into their rotation. Chill would fit their squad to a T.

The guy I think that would be a good fit and could probably be had for cheap is Bobby Sura. He's 6'5, can shoot, defend and score. He has a very reasonable contract and played his ass off for us for the brief period of time he was here. Problem with him has always been, "Can he stay healthy?"