• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Possible 3-way to get our big and move Al to GS

Jdawgflow

• Premium Member

If the Bulls are really considering Troy Murphy, then we might could get in with them and GS on a 3-way trade.

---------------------------------------------------------

GS trades: Murphy, Biedrins (or Ellis), 2007 1st

GS receives: Al Harrington, John Edwards, Ivey (maybe)

Chi trades: Chandler

Chi receives: Murphy

Atl trades: Al Harrington, John Edwards, Ivey (maybe)

Atl receives: Biedrins (or Ellis), 2007 1st

If Chicago would not do that, then maybe we could put the Bucks (Magloire) or NO (PJ Brown) in their place. That way we would get a big man who is also expiring.

tyson has not much of an offensive game.

PPG 5.3 | RPG 9 | BPG 1.3

That does not impress me at all. Shelden will put up way more than this if he plays center. I would have to pass on tyson. I say we just stack up with as many first round picks for next year as possible

• Premium Member

This trade doesn't necessarily have to involve Chandler. It could potentially involve one of two other bigs. My main question is do you all think that one of these trades could be legit. Would GS be interested? Any of the other teams that are mentioned? Which player would you want coming back to the Atl the most?

Please don't make this a thread about Chandler being good or not (I know that is part of what I am asking, I just know how people on this board like to fight about a single players worth a lot.... ie. see AI, Speedy, Mike James, etc)

Tyson is young himself, only 23yrs old ( 24 in Oct ) and our only center really is ZaZa so he would be at risk of losing minutes which is fine by me if we got Tyson. Za would be a nice spark off of the bench for us.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Tyson is young himself, only 23yrs old ( 24 in Oct ) and our only center really is ZaZa so he would be at risk of losing minutes which is fine by me if we got Tyson. Za would be a nice spark off of the bench for us.

The problem is not Tyson's age or Zaza's minutes. The problem is Tyson's skill level or the lack there of for $10 million per year which qualifies him as a stiff.

i dont' see them getting rid of Chandler. Just seems like a good defensive post to have Wallace at center and Chandler at PF...sounds like it goes together..

maybe they do a sign and trade with Gordon for Al so they have some offense in the post? we may have to throw lue in..

something like

Al/Lue

for

Gordon/1st..

would that match up in salary?

Hmmm...If it was an older model say pre-1970 then of course I would. Those were some classics right there! I wouldnt pay more then say $104,000 though. Of course value means something but the players that GS would dangle ( head 2 head trade ) are guys like Dunleavy/Murphy etc. Those contracts are horrible so where is the value there? Let me ask you this...who are you trading Al for? What scenerio gets you the most hot & bothered?

1. What team wanting Al will do that?

2. I still rather have Tyson. Like BK said, our biggest need is interior defense and we drafted Shelden but, he alone does not fill that need. We still need help there and Tyson along side Shelden, w/ Smoove...thats a nasty defensive front line.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Tyson along side Shelden, w/ Smoove...thats a nasty defensive front line.

And a nasty offensive from in a bad way. Look, there is a reason Chicago when out and signed an aging limited Ben Wallace. Its because they we diappointed with their young limited player defense and toughness. Eventhough Wallace might be worse than chandler offensively, he will start and play more than 28 mpg! Why? Because Chandler is not as good as you think on the defensive end! Sheldon would have a field day rooting him out of the lane with his strength.