Golden State's Trade Assets

KB21

1. Monta Ellis, PG, 6'3" -- Monta will go into his second seas and is more of a combo guard than a true point guard, but he played very well as a 19 year old rookie this past season. A lot better than many people expected when he should have been at Mississippi State. mad.gif Monta averaged 15.0 P/40 and 3.5 A/40 this past season. There's not doubt he's got a lot of work that needs to be done, but he has a cheap contract right now and major potential. There were reports that Billy Knight was very interested in Monta in the 2005 draft and attempted to move back into the second round to get him. I think any deal with Golden State will have to include Monta Ellis.

2. Andris Biedrins, PF/C, 6'11" -- Andris is a young guy who has proven to be a very effective rebounder in his limited time over the past two seasons. He will be going into his third season and hasn't played more than 15 minutes per game in that time span. His rebounding rate suggests that he could be a double digit rebounder if he got starter's minutes. He's also shown good defensive skills in the low post.

3. Patrick O'Bryant, C, 7'0" -- Patrick was the 9th pick this year and could be a trading chip to get a deal done. He was considered the best pure center in the entire draft. Patrick has some skills but has a lot of work to do. He needs to be coached and is probably 3-4 years away from really being what he needs to be. Patrick worked out for the Hawks before the draft, so he could be a guy the Hawks look to take back in a deal for Al Harrington.

4. Mikeal Pietrus, SG, 6'6" -- Mikeal's numbers fell off this past season, but I can't help but think it is because Golden State doesn't realize what they have in him. Mikeal is a very good defender that is also a very good long range shooter. He will probably never be anything but a defensive stopper in the NBA, but defensive stoppers have tremendous value. There's not really a need for him on the Hawks, unless the Hawks simply want to add another perimeter defender as they continue to change their defensive profile.

5. Ike Diogu, PF, 6'8" -- Ike was very productive as a rookie, producing 18.8 P/40 with 8.9 R/40 while posting a 15.81 PER. Going into his second season, it's pretty obvious that he's a player that is ready to start in the NBA. He's also a player that teams will be doing flips in an attempt to steal from the Warriors this offseason. The Hawks added Shelden Williams through the draft, so it is unlikely that Atlanta looks to add Ike to the mix.

Personaly, I'm wondering what Golden State is trying to do. They are dangerously close to the luxury tax threshold and can't do anything without a sign and trade. They have three big contracts that they would love to move, but I don't see anyone jumping at the opportunity to get Mike Dunleavy or Adonal Foyle. Troy Murphy has some value due to his production. It's obvious that Golden State has some good young players on this team, so I wonder if they want to build around those guys or use them as trade bait in an attempt to get over that hump this year.

You would think that Murphy is the guy they want to move simply because I assume they want Diogu to play the 4 and Al the 3..I really don't know why they want Al over Murphy..Al scores a little more and Murphy rebounds better, but neither plays any defense, so in my mind they are about even as players..The one advantage I see in Murphy is better size so that he might be able to give us some minutes at the 5..

Murphy and a 1st?

Murphy and Biedrins?

Murphy and O'Bryant?

Murphy and Monta?

Well, I think it would be obvious from the very beginning that Troy Murphy would have a long term impact on the Hawks. He just doesn't really fit what the Hawks are trying to do, IMO. Especially with Atlanta's newfound emphasis on defense. However, of their bad contracts, Troy's is the one that probably has the most value based on his production. After a year or so, we might be able to get another team to take on his contract. He's a 14 and 10 guy, and that does have some value. Troy is a high post type of player in the mold of Christian Laettner, but he doesn't have Lattner's passing ability nor his defensive ability.

I think they are looking for some production from the 3 spot. Dunleavy has been up and down, not a fan favorite.

I'm betting that if we could get Murphy and one of the their young guys, the deal would be done. But I don't think they'll part with one of the young guns. A poster from GS predicted Murphy and Taft for Al?

Do you guys really think GS would deal O'Bryant? I'm asking b/c I obviously do not know the answer. If I had to guess though, I dont see them dealing him. How do Warrior fans feel about him? Has anyone heard anything?

• Moderators

Quote:

I want Biedrins or O'Bryant. NO MURPHEY, DUNLEAVY, or FISHER!!!

How do you do the deal under the cap without those guys or a third team including a contract?

The Knicks could help us out here by throwing in the little used Mo Taylor. It all depends on if Isiah likes Murphy. The below trade would probably work capwise, just not sure if Dolan has finally handcuffed Zeke from taking on any more contracts.

Knicks Receive:

Troy Murphy

Golden State Receives:

Al Harrington

Hawks Receive:

Mo Taylor & their choice of young player(s) and/or draft pick from GS.

(I'd personally like Biedrins & Ellis, but I'm not sure if GS would do it)

• Moderators

Quote:

The Knicks could help us out here by throwing in the little used Mo Taylor. It all depends on if Isiah likes Murphy. The below trade would probably work capwise, just not sure if Dolan has finally handcuffed Zeke from taking on any more contracts.

Knicks Receive:

Troy Murphy

Golden State Receives:

Al Harrington

Hawks Receive:

Mo Taylor & their choice of young player(s) and/or draft pick from GS.

(I'd personally like Biedrins & Ellis, but I'm not sure if GS would do it)

That is a good idea. Murphy's rebounding would be very welcome in NY.

The Warriors will try to unload one of there ugly contracts on us starting with Derek Fisher, Adonal Foyle but the Hawks can not be stupid if we take on any of these deals we better be getting a stud like Monta Ellis Bierdins or Obryant in the deal. I want nothing to do with Pietrus or Dunleavy who can both be had in this sign and trade...