• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are my eyes decieving me?

capstone21

• Admin

Big DOg only had 1 turnover in the game. Hopfully this will start a trend.

Only 11 turnovers against a solid defensive team. Good win although we almost blew it in the end.

Still you have to pull out the close ones and that is what we did.

10 - 10. Happy with our record this early. Good position to be in this early in the season where we are practically a new team playing together.

Seems like chemistry is setting in; turnovers are down and team play is getting better. There's still a way to go, but, two games against competitive teams, two wins; that's stepping in the right direction. Things are coming together, even if they are'nt perfect. I was hoping to see Reef go off for another 50 on em, but I'll settle for the win LOL.

Even Lon made one good choice today choosing to

take the foul instead of giving the Pistons a chance

to tie the game.

Big plays by Big Dog/Ira and Shareef.JT's defense was

horrible againest Chucky.He almost never plays well

againest Chucky Atkins but there was no excuse for

getting blown by 3 times like that.

But the team has to do it on the road.

at the end... up by 3... DETROIT has the ball with very little time left...

and KRUGER decides to FOUL DETROIT as soon as they have the ball, sending HAMILTON to the line with 2 shots....

- GOOD COACHING THERE KRUGER!!!

ROBINSON at times look UNSTOPABLE! same with ABDUR-RAHIM! add TERRY to the list!

I think you are all missing something. I see no reference here of what SAR and GR, and even Theo are saying. There have been some problems with this team meshing and it may have to do with establishing each player's responsiblity. Whose team is this? JT, SAR, now GR? Ask me and I say JT's team. SAR has shown even more heart (And BTW so has Theo) in the past 2 games, but JT has done it each and every time...This is JT's team. Who gets the shots? This team has a lot of questions to answer if they hope to continue to mesh. Now to the point of what you are missing... All 3 players referenced said in interviews during the past 2 games that they need to play together to win games, that when they play together they win games. See, this team needs to address each of our 4 starters (I do not mention Newbill because I think he knows whathis job is). Despite of the last 2 wins, there is still a lot of work ahead for this team. I told you, the team looks good on paper, but how those personalities become a good team or a bad team is another thing. I live you with 2 thoughts... 1) I like what Gleen (Big Dog) said, "I want to do great things for this Atlanta team." and 2) I went outside a little while ago and saw 2 hawks. I got close enough to make them take flight just to see their wings spread. They can be beautiful thing to watch. I named them Theo and Abdul in honor of the effort put forth by these 2 players in the last 2 (wins) games. GO HAWKS! PEACE . 10-4.

We beat the Pistons in a close one but I would like to offer two big reasons why we won against a good Detroit team. Two players who I believe are unsung heros: Matt Maloney And Ira Newble. Maloney looked very good for the time he was in there giving JT a much-needed rest. He even looked quicker than I remember him and no turnovers. Had good assists. I think he plays backup point much better than Davis. I hope Kruger uses him more. (I thought it was a smart coaching decision on Lon's part, then I heard Email had the flu.) AND A BIG BIG REBOUND FOR IRA NEWBLE!! Love his hustle!! Go Hawks!!

After posting the Maloney vs E-mail post, my next step was reading this one and we had the same thoughts at almost just minutes away, Ironic. But most definitely yes, I think Maloney does a mcuh better job than E-mail, we beat a very good Pistons team and that was a huge step for this team. Now with us back to .500, lets continue and put here a little 5-6 game winning streak adn hopefully more. I really thought the Team held their composure vs the Pistons and pulled it out. Detroit kept clawing & scratching, but we wouldn't allow it. The plays that were very important, was with like 2 minutes left in the game and we got 3 offensive rebounds in a row, that was great to see, all because of Ira's hustle and Dion's and some JT.