• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The case for Murphy and Pietrus

Rexhawk

This would be a good trade for the Hawks. I think that Murphy and Pietrus would be a good fit for following reasons.

1. Murphy is a good compliment to ZaZa. When ZaZa is doubled in the paint, he can kick out to Murphy for the open jumper.

2. Murphy averages more rebounds than Al.

3. Murphy does not dominate the ball like AL. He would continue to pass in the post in order to get the best shot.

4. Murphy would benefit from playing with Joe Johnson and Speedy. He did not play with a pass first 2 guard at Golden State. Jason Richardson dominates the ball like AI. Joe would allow him to have more open looks.

5. Murphy brings size at 6'11. Think of him as a better version of Jason Collier.

6. Pietrus plays great preimeter defense and would be able to guard the quick two guards in the league.

7. Pietrus plays abover the rim like Josh Smith.

8. Remember that Pietrus played on the same team as Boris Diaw in Europe and everyone thought that he was the better prospect because he was more aggressive and athletic.

This trade would give Woody a defensive and offensive lineup.

Offense:

PG- Salim Stoudamire

SG-Joe Johnson

SF-Marvin Williams

PF-Troy Murphy

C-ZaZa Pachulia

Defense:

PG-Speedy Claxton

SG-Mikale Pietrus

SF-Josh Smith

PF-Sheldon Williams

C-Solomon Jones

Looking at the lineups above doesn't look so bad after all.

I like it alot Rex. Bringing in at least 4 new guys (rookies and the 2 guys hopefully from GS) and losing 1 major guy in AL? I would do that. Hopefully ownership will sort itself out and we will be upgrading players every year as opposed to just finding able bodies.

Starting Lineup:

PG-Speedy Claxton

SG-Joe Johnson

SF-Josh Smith

PF-Troy Murphy

C-ZaZa

Bench:

PG- Lue

SG- Pietrus

SF- Childress

PF- Marvin

C-Shelden

Then we still have salim, jones and a few others.

Sign me up.

I think you can make a case for it. Of all the contracts on GS, Murphy is probably the lesser of evils. He also fits a need in having a big man who can spread out the floor because he can shoot.

I have to question where it puts us 2-3 years down the road, when we have to resign the Joshes, Marvin, and Shelden.

I agree Quest. Murph brings a diminsion that we havnt had since Collier. He can go beyong the arc, rebound and put the ball on the floor at 6'11. He would be nice at the pf postion but also could play the center position in spot duty. And then you throw in Pietrus? I just get excited thinking about it.

I not afraid of the future when we have to re sign all of these guys. If anything, it gives us a lot of assets to play with. Even if Belkin runs the organizaiton on the cheap, he can trade the likes of Childress, Pietrus, salim, etc. for future first round picks with rookie salaries.

Quote:

1. Murphy is a good compliment to ZaZa. When ZaZa is doubled in the paint, he can kick out to Murphy for the open jumper.

This is hilarious. When did Zaza start requiring a double team when he gets the ball in the low post? I wish he did though. That would be greaat!

Seriously though, why do we need Murphy? His game IS a lot like Collier's was. The difference is that Collier had a $3.5M deal for 2 years while Murphy is owed FIFTY MILLION over the next 5 years. Murphy is a better player than Collier (certainly a better rebounder) but Collier was a better post defender and that damn sure ain't saying much. For those who talk about Al's post D, obviously you have never seen Murphy play. A Zaza/Collier combo up front would be incredibly bad defensively and Murphy is damn sure no Center. I'd MUCH rather see Al resigned than see us get Murphy. I can't bear the thought of ANY of our guys losing minutes to him and you can't pay a guy $50M to sit on the bench.

All that said, if Murphy is so good, why is GS VERY willing to give him up in a deal for Al? Don't they need help up front? Adonal Foyle sucks and neither Diogu or Biedrins have ever done anything.