• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shelden Haters....

Diesel

Quote:

If Shelden struggles people will make it a huge deal.

I know, that's part of the problem. It's called knee-jerk reactionism (if that's even a word). People like that just really need to chill out and make an honest effort to just attempt to be realistic about things.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I know Peoriabird was lobbying him for him at 5, but he always lobby's for 7 footers.

Alright I admit that I was lobbiying for the guy! And if he turns out not to be as effective as Shelden then I'll be happy. I really just wanted us to draft the best defensive big in this draft. If shelden is that guy, I will be very happy. The early returns say that we did the right thing.

Quote:

So far, Patrick O'Bryant can't dominate summer league.

in 4 games, he's averaging 23 mpg and only 2 rebounds??

I usually don't put much stock into SL but DAmN!!

Go find me one poster that wanted O Bryant at five.

Now go find me one trade Sheldon post that has been written already.

You are the only true hater Diesel. Some of us disagreed on the pick; accepted it, and are now rooting for our team to succeed. Instead of hating on a player and whining and crying for a trade everyday like you did with Marvin.

The reason you have to post for "Shelden haters" is proof enough to everyone that there are not any "haters" such as you out there...

So move on with your pompous ass ... jeez you are pitiful; you cannot find a hater; no haters are posting for trade Sheldon's everyday; so you then go out of your way to claim there's some out there.

Diesel you are the only true player hater out there. Hands down the winner; by and large, over anyone else on the Hawksquawk...

• Premium Member

Interesting read

Rexhawk states " Obryant has to be the guy."

Nick writes

Quote:

i'll be happy if we pick o'bryant

Periabird states

Quote:

Agree, we need his size and defensive presence. I notice that posters are showing some single game stats and drawing conclusions about O'Bryant's potential. I bet if you went back to Sheldon Williams' sophmore season, you would find similar games. We don't need 6'7" powerforward/center. Also some of the same posters want to trade for Chandler and Daly but thinks that O'Brayant is somehow worse that those two overpaid bust. News flash, O'Brayant is already more competent offensively than Chandler or Daly.

Okay; you found some guys who like OBryant. I liked O Bryant if we would have added a pick and traded down.

I still do not see the Hate you so obviously showed with this title. Nor do I see the same type of hate you posted on Willaims all season long. Again; where are the team bashers right now? No one is posting BK is an idiot for picking Sheldon, Sheldon has to go, Sheldon has no talent etc....Does any of that sound familiar? Just substitute Marvin for Sheldon and that would pretty much cover 75% of your post for the last year...

Face it Diesel; you want to find some haters so you can jump them; for all the bashing they (myself included here) did against you last year for your MWill hate...

Even a high school bench warmer has some talent so your challenge is a joke. However I found some quotes that expose you as a hater:

Quote:

Let's trade Al so that Marvin can flop!!

That's my new stance...

Let's trade Al so that Marvin can flop!!!

click

Quote:

Let's trade Al.. and watch Marvin Flounder and Flop...

I don't care what we get for Al either.

There is absolutely no reason to keep Al. Let's trade him for whatever we can get. I like the Seattle deal myself. But another deal of interest is Al to Chicago for Harrington/Sweetney and Chicago's first.

You have to admit, that's fair. Al is talking about playing with Chicago and they have the money to go after him in the summer, let's let them have him. We can get some prospects out of the deal.

Then Marvin can have more time on the floor to prove me RIGHT!

click

"Shelden Haters ???"

That's hilarious after all dumping you've done on Marvin over the last year. We don't hate Shelden - he's just not who we wanted to pick. Just like you wanted Chris Paul. Personally, I wanted Roy this year and couldn't believe he fell to us and we passed on him. (and Foye) However, we'll get over it and support Shelden - and hope he shows us we were wrong.

by the way, a last note on Roy (and Foye):

Quote:

If not for Randy Foye, Brandon Roy would be the talk of the Vegas Summer League, the continuation of a story line that may attach itself to the two rookies for the entire upcoming season.

Averaging 26 points a game, Foye will probably leave Sin City as the favorite for Rookie of the Year, which may be an injustice to the man he was traded for on draft night.

While young vets Martell Webster and Travis Outlaw have been putting up offensive numbers in bunches, Roy has been the gem. Playing mostly point guard, something he won't be asked to do much in the regular season, he's earned high marks across the board.

His numbers speak to that. After his 18 points in the Blazers' win over the Wizards on Monday, Roy is averaging 15 points and four assists and shooting a smooth 66 percent after four games.

But those digits don't tell the whole story. Roy has affirmed his draft hype by showing a wide array of skills.

He's not afraid to back opponents down on the dribble Jason Kidd-style, cross over either way and go to the basket or free himself with step-back jumpers and under-control fadeaways. He doesn't seem to take bad shots and doesn't seem to make many bad decisions.

"He's just so solid, he does so many things well and that's why he's going to step in and help them right away," said one Eastern Conference GM. "You can see why a lot of us had him in the top 3."

No, he's not flawless -- he coughed up a couple of turnovers under pressure against the Wizards. But overall his poise has been noteworthy. They don't keep plus/minus stats in summer league, but when he comes into the game, the Blazers instantly seem to get a lift, and it shows in their 3-1 record.

Buzzard I am totally with you on this one. I have never seen anyone wine and cry over Marvin Williams like Diesel does.

The guy showed everyone from mid-season on that he is the real deal and will be a HUGE asset to this team. Plus this guy is a kid and that was his rookie year. You can't evaluate him on his rookie year. He will be an all-star!!

Nobody has ever bashed Shelden Williams and I wouldn't start bashing him until after 3 years of play in the NBA. I think he will be solid in the NBA and personally thought it was a good pick.