It seems that the teams involved are:

Indy: Jeff Foster

ATL: Al Harrington

SAC: Bonzi Wells

NY: Steve Francis

Philly: AI, Webber

Boston: Telfair/Rondo

But I think there may be another thing.

What is the biggest story of this offseason? I personally think it is LeBron taking forever to sign his new contract. Maybe he told them he was going to walk after the rookie deal ran out. Maybe he was signed so he could be traded to the team of his choice. Maybe that will mean a lot of marquee players will be changing hands?

Either way it is pretty exciting.

I am just letting my imagination run wild.

Quote:

It seems that the teams involved are:

Indy: Jeff Foster

ATL: Al Harrington

SAC: Bonzi Wells

NY: Steve Francis

Philly: AI, Webber

Boston: Telfair/Rondo

But I think there may be another thing.

What is the biggest story of this offseason? I personally think it is LeBron taking forever to sign his new contract.

You may be right about most of the players involved but I really don't think Lebron is being traded. If he signed the contract then the Cavs won't trade him. It would honestly cause riots. Besides I think the delay was based on him and his agent tweaking a 3 year counter offer rather than him wanting to leave.

I do think this would be our best option to be involved in such a huge deal because trading AL could net us Rondo or Telfair in return. Both seem to be doing really well in Summer league and both duplicate each other too much.

Potential problems would be that Philly would want a PG if they are giving up Iversion and they wont want Francis in return since they are seeking youth. Boston probably would rather keep Rondo than Telfair, with BK wanting Rondo over Telfair. Still if we could get one of the Boston combo then that would be ideal if Ellis isn't an option.

Perhaps:

NYK: gets Harrington and Boston 1st (lotto protected)

Philly: gets Francis and Frye

Boston: gets Iverson

Atl: gets Rondo and Foster

Ind: gets Bonzi Wells

Sac: gets Taylor (expiring contract) and Ind 1st (lotto protected)

I dont know if that is enough for Iverson from Boston or if it works under the cap, but that would be interesting for sure. If I had to guess it would come close to working under the cap since every team receives some player that should have a high contract. Including the picks that only adds up to 10 players, perhaps GS gets involved somehow.

Let me fix this a bit, Rondo can't be traded until August 4th, but we could wait till then or substitute Telfair in there instead. Also I read on realgm that Indiana isn't interested in Bonzi anymore yet still remain interested in AL.

Switch in Telfair for Rondo, and include the Bucks and GS (Magloire and a 1st from them, big contract from GS, and one of their young players.) And probably one more player from Boston and Philly and that equals 16. But after thinking all that out..I don't see a 16 player trade ever happening.

Pacers may still go after Harrington, but not Wells

Official says the team is not interested in former Ball State star who plays for Kings

Related articles

• Pacers will miss Croshere's leadership

By Mike Wells

mike.wells@indystar.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Free agent signings and trades become official today, the end of the league's player movement moratorium period.

The Indiana Pacers, a team trying to overcome a mediocre season last year, can talk about the trade of Austin Croshere to Dallas for Marquis Daniels and the loss of Peja Stojakovic to the New Orleans Hornets today.

Daniels can play both guard positions and small forward. Stojakovic agreed to a five-year, $64 million deal with the Hornets on the first day of free agency.

With only the midlevel exception (about $5 million) and the biannual exception (about $1.7 million) available, the Pacers likely will have to make their moves through trades.

The Pacers are still in the running for Atlanta Hawks forward Al Harrington. It will take a sign-and-trade deal for the Pacers to acquire Harrington, who spent his first six seasons in Indiana. Golden State reportedly also is interested in Harrington.

Contrary to reports, a team official said Tuesday the Pacers are not interested in acquiring Bonzi Wells from Sacramento for Jeff Foster and Sarunas Jasikevicius.

The Pacers have more flexibility in the backcourt now that they have acquired Daniels, meaning they could try to trade more than one of their point guards -- Jasikevicius, Jamaal Tinsley and Anthony Johnson.

Billy King was said to be working on potential multiple-team deals that could include Allen Iverson. At his camp in the Denver suburbs, Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony said he was aware of rumors involving his team and the Sixers; Anthony, who averaged 26.5 points last season, told the Denver Post he thought he and Iverson (33.0) could co-exist. "Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker made it work [in Boston]," he said. "Kobe [bryant] and [shaquille O'Neal] made it work with [the Lakers]... well, at first. We can make it work." Sixers/Nuggets rumors involving Iverson have generally included some combination of Andre Miller and a big man - Kenyon Martin, Marcus Camby or Nene - but sources indicate that the Sixers have no interest in Martin... A source also mentioned that, independent of the Iverson speculation, the Sixers had asked about the availability of Indiana forward Jeff Foster.

Bits and pieces are filtering in. Still very vague.

Golden State revs up Harrington hunt

Janny Hu, Chronicle Staff Writer

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

(07-12) 04:00 PDT Las Vegas -- With the Warriors expected to finalize their trade of Derek Fisher to the Jazz today, their attention turns from subtracting payroll to increasing it.

The Warriors are deep in pursuit of Hawks forward Al Harrington, but their attempts to get him hinge on working out a sign-and-trade deal with Atlanta, with Denver emerging as a possible third team.

Though Harrington said this week his preference is to join Golden State or Indiana, he cannot receive more than the mid-level exception -- which was set at $5.2 million Tuesday -- from either team without first signing a more lucrative deal with the Hawks.

Andy Miller, Harrington's agent, said there was "no update" on his client, but a court ruling Tuesday gives the Hawks more flexibility to move him. The team is permitted to sign free agents for up to four years instead of the one-year restriction issued last week.

The NBA set the salary cap at $53.1 million on Tuesday while bumping the luxury-tax ceiling to $65.4 million, roughly $4 million more than last season. That gives the capped-out Warriors some wiggle room to sign free agents using their mid-level and biannual exceptions.

New contracts can be signed and traded officially starting today. Golden State already has a deal in place with Utah exchanging Fisher for guards Keith MacLeod, Devin Brown and Andre Owens.

If the Warriors cannot land Harrington, they have expressed interest in Seattle forward Chris Wilcox, though it might be a long shot for the Sonics to agree to a sign-and-trade with Golden State. Wilcox reportedly is seeking a deal worth about $10 million a year.

As for the Warriors' backcourt, two sources indicated the team will not pursue Allen Iverson, whom the Sixers have put on the trading block. Instead, the Warriors appear to be gambling that point guard Baron Davis can return to his All-Star form and remain healthy for an entire season.

Davis was on hand for the Warriors' summer-league game Tuesday and looked trimmer than he was at the end of last season.

"It is what it is," Davis said when asked about his conditioning. "I know what I got to do. I don't worry about nobody else."

Last man standing: Patrick O'Bryant is getting ample playing time with Andris Biedrins sidelined by injury Monday, and the rookie has responded with two solid performances.

O'Bryant consistently called for the ball and was 5- for-9 in scoring 15 points during a 104-88 loss to the Nuggets on Tuesday. He led the Warriors with 12 points and converted another sweeping hook shot over Cleveland's Martynas Andriuskevicius on Monday.

"That's probably the best part of my game so far," O'Bryant said of his offense. "I expected to be rebounding and blocking shots, not hitting buckets and blocking shots."

That's what made Tuesday's 20-minute effort even more encouraging. O'Bryant had eight rebounds -- the same number he had in three previous games. He also was credited with two more blocks to bring his four-game total to six, not counting at least two clean-looking rejections on which he was whistled for fouls.

O'Bryant's bigger adversaries have been the officials, who have tended to call games tightly. O'Bryant had eight fouls Tuesday and nine Monday -- three during a two-and-a-half minute span in the third quarter.

On the clock: Guard Will Bynum is "a little bit" concerned about his future with Golden State after four summer-league games running an offense that has been whittled down by injuries.

Bynum is vying to become the Warriors' backup point guard and needs to be on their roster July 16 for the final year of his contract to be guaranteed, according to agent Mark Bartelstein.

He is averaging 13 points, 2.8 assists and 2 steals after Tuesday's 19-point, 6-assist effort. Bynum was perfect, hitting all seven of his field-goal tries and all four free throws he attempted.

Sight of the day: At one end of UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center, the Knicks were holding practice. At the other end of the court, Biedrins was sitting in a chair midway between the foul line and the basket, shooting free throws with his personal coach.

Then the lights went out. The blackout apparently wasn't a problem, as Biedrins and his coach continued their shooting drills and the Knicks kept practicing.