• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

the wait is over! Hawks tip off tonight!

gsuteke

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

It is more about Marvin and Smoove than it is Shelden.

I you go back and look at the games where Al missed and Marv/Smoove started you can see some chemistry building between those guys.

I have a real good feeling about that combination.

The problem is that the defense has to improve. The Hawks badly need an anchor. I'm not sure a frontline of Smoove/Williams/Zaza can get it done on defense.

Thats why we need Magloire here to start ...and ZZ to come off the bench...this team would be right in the thick of things.

I really don't trusr Woodson at all though, I think he is in over his head. We always eem to be out coached in close games and you get the feeling that he is not getting the best out of the talent he has.

I CAN'T BELEIVE SHELDEN DIDN'T PUT UP 20 POINTS 10 REBOUNDS!!! OH MY GOD!! I'M SURPRISED HE WAS EVEN ALLOWED TO PLAY COLLEGE BALL!!.....oh whoa is us, whoa is us, whatever shall we do...i mean because we all know in the first summer game that none of us can see played with all of one starter on our real team, that if you don't come out and dominate, well, you must not be a baller...

extreme sarcasm off....you guys amaze me.

I'm not gloating. I hate it. I go to every game. BK just sees things that others don't. Just because a guy tears it up in the summer doesn't translate to success during the year. But the top 6 guys have gotten it done...first test passed. Our guy is a stiff tonight. He started 4 years and was drafted because our genius GM didn't want to develop a player. I have said all along that Shelden isn't that athletic and that he has few good ways to score. You just can't overpower people...Shelden is an offensive project. How BK could shut this guy down and decide a month before the draft...wow.

Shelden will be a role player and I hope that he can contribute some this year. He should be able to do OK in the Rocky Mountain Revue...he is a top 5 draft pick and he is supposed to be ready. The other guys look a lot more ready than him.

Jazz up 30.

I really have no real expectations for Shelden this year, my concern is a greater one and that is the direction of this franchise. We have an opprtunity to maybe get Magloire in here and a Lo Wright...we have a chance to do some good things THIS year...but I just don't trust Woodson right now.

I think Shelden will be fine...I expected to be a sub this year from the time he was drafted because Marvin and Smoove began to build chemistry at the end of last year.

Quote:

Yeah. Foye played GREAT defense, shot the ball well, and took it with ease to the rack. He outplayed Roy...BK just made his last mistake and I don't need the Rocky Mountain Revue to prove it.

Did you actually see the game? I still prefer Roy, but really either would have been a better choice for us. Foye out scored Roy 24-17, but played more minutes. Portland (Roy's team) won the game. Both shot well, had 4 TO's and 5 fouls, but Roy had 4 assists to 0 for Foye. Sounds like it will be a race for ROY between Foye, Roy, and Morrison... but probably not Shelden.

Quote:

Thats why we need Magloire here to start ...and ZZ to come off the bench...this team would be right in the thick of things.

I really don't trusr Woodson at all though, I think he is in over his head. We always eem to be out coached in close games and you get the feeling that he is not getting the best out of the talent he has.

Well, if Shelden isn't a starter he shouldn't have been selected with the 5th pick.

Ok, I think most now can accept that he will not be a star... But I think people should be able to atleast expect a 12/9 player that can play good defense and start.

as an FSU acc fan, i've watched several Duke games. Shelden is not just some role player. you can't tell me that the way he dominated the college level and the ACC that because he's one inch shorter than ideal, that all of a sudden he will be basically only servicable.

i'm not buying it.

Doc, I didn't expect 20 and 10. I didn't expect a stiff either. Your boy BK is going to be canned at year end. Love him now because he will be following Woody on the first bus out of dodge. Summer means nothing...but I heard a guy who was there on the radio and he looked bad.

For all of those people who said Shelden was ready to start at the 4...forget it. Marvin is light years ahead of him and it won't be close. I just hope we can get 7 and 4 off the bench from Shelden and I'm not kidding. He is a good kid and works hard so he will turn himself into a serviceable player eventually. I hope he can get us a few boards this year and play some defense. He won't be playing in the Rocky Mountain Review in two months.

Shelden was totally overwhelmed with the physical nature of the game. He was taken to the woodshed on defense...funny, I thought that is why he was drafted.

Roy and foye...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Here we go again. If you can't even compete in the RMV...your in deep crap.

Quote:

Let's see, Adam Morrison starts off summer league action 3-14 but is able to bounce back. I don't know, maybe we should give Shelden at least one more game before we crucify him.
confused.gif

That's fair, but I'm getting out the nails.

I talked with a radio analyst at the game from the Zone in Salt Lake. I know some radio guys there and was getting a mini blow by blow. I wasn't talking to an overhyped kid? Got it?

These guys felt sorry for us...Shelden was that freaking bad. Its a great thing we shut down our draft in May. I also heard that we were the worst coached team he ever saw at any level. BK, Woody, and the Spirit. Quite a trifecta.

cool.gif