• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves will take wild-card

CBAreject

OK, I predicted we'd lose the division back in April. Now, I'm going to predict we'll take the wild-card. Yeah, I know they'll lose in the first round, but that's beside the point. The team is playing well enough and the NL is mediocre enough that the Braves have a strong chance to make up the 5.5 games on the Reds (who are actually a worse team). The best team ahead of the Braves in the standings is the Dodgers, but the Dodgers tend to underachieve, winning fewer games than their run differential would suggest.

I'm predicting the Braves move into the wild-card lead in the second week of September and hold it.

Quote:

oh and if our bullpen didn't blow so many saves, we would be right there with the Mets. I think we blown almost 20 saves by now lol. If we tonight, we would be within 11 right?

It's been a very bad year for baseball. ESP the NL which has eastern conference syndrome. No matter who makes the playoffs from the NL it will not matter... Nobody will care. The NL doesn't have a really good team.

No, the Mets aren't that great. Didn't the AL spank them pretty bad aswell?

We'd be in first place if we just had a decent closer. We've blown 19 saves, I think. That is just staggering. I've said before that having a great closer isn't that important, but I never said you didn't need a decent one. Just something like Joe Borowski or Jose Mesa is fine. You can't have a guy with a 9 ERA out there serving up cheese every time you have a 1 run lead in the 9th. Reitsma seemed like he pitched worse the closer the game was. If we had a 4 run lead, it was 1-2-3. A 1-run lead was like insta-gopher ball.

Quote:

Quote:

No, the Mets aren't that great. Didn't the AL spank them pretty bad aswell?

[/indent]

Not just spank my friend... rape. The AL raped the Mets.

I'm going to enjoy watching Detroit/Boston/Chicago rip apart the Mets in the World Series.