• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good article on A.I. situation

macdaddy

• Moderators

Steve Kerr on Iverson

Quote:

So any team that has a plan in place and is making progress would be very wary of threatening its blueprint by adding Iverson.

Then he includes the Hawks as a potential team. I think we have a plan and are making progress. I wouldn't want him here. Anyway, the article makes a lot of good points about the problem of having him on your team. The biggest being the money.

If the Hawks were to trade Smith and maybe a backup guard, who exactly would be the guys starting in the frontcourt? I don't want Shelden starting, nor Childress. Of course, all this is moot because the Hawks are not dumb enough to let Smith go.

Hey fellas I was reading an ESPN article and it was talking about how AI moved his family to the ATL, Now I dont know if that has anything to do with him being traded to us and him wearing the Braves jersey is kind of fishy. But I dont understand signing Speedy and then trading for AI.

Quote:

Could we include Speedy in a trade for AI? (not saying we should).

You have to wait three months from the signing or until December 15th, whichever comes first is when FAs just signed can be traded. I may be wrong with the three months part, but I am pretty sure about December 15th.

this is mroe or less correct ~ there's a couple of caveats (sp) on it thta I can't recall off hand ~ though the general gist is that a player CAN be traded inside that 90 days (assuming that it's not his rookie contract) if he was acquired via trade (single player) or if he's traded as a single player...or something like that...