• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lance Bass reveals he is Gay!!!

Blunt91

When I logged on to my computer this afternoon this was one of the headlines posted. I didn't take time to read the article but have any of you seen this posted on the internet?? Your thoughts??

Quote:

My thoughts are this: This site is called "Hawksquawk". It is not called "whichmemberofabadboybandisgay.com" If you wish to discuss other people's thoughts on this issue, don't use this site to do it. Waste of everyone's time.

Your opinion might mean something if this was posted in the Hawks basketball part of the forum. The offtopic forum is for things not related to the Hawks.

This area of HawkSquawk is called the lounge where you can talk about other things that are not sports related. READ the Heading before you click on to the lounge. Don't come on this board with an arrogant attitude after only 11posts.

Quote:

This area of HawkSquawk is called the lounge where you can talk about other things that are not sports related. READ the Heading before you click on to the lounge. Don't come on this board with an arrogant attitude after only 11posts.

The danger here, of course, is that someone with a serious opinion on the subject comes in and starts a flamewar.

(No jokes about 'flamewar' please.)

I am the arrogant one??? Damn right. People who think they are always right are very annoying to those of us who are. PS: I will post however I please. I will not use profanity. If you do not like my opinion, that is fine. But you should not be so arrogant as the disregard my point simply b/c I only have 11 posts. PSS: No, Lance did not return my call.

NEW YORK - Lance Bass, band member of 'N Sync, says he's gay and in a "very stable" relationship with a reality show star. Bass, who formed 'N Sync with Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, tells People magazine that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't want to affect the group's popularity.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," he tells the magazine.

'N Sync is known for a string of hits including "Bye Bye Bye" and "It's Gonna Be Me." The band went on hiatus in 2002. Bass has also found headlines for undertaking astronaut training and failing to raise money for a trip into space.

Bass says he wondered if his coming out could prompt "the end of 'N Sync." He explains, "So I had that weight on me of like, `Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did."

The singer says he's in a "very stable" relationship with 32-year-old actor Reichen Lehmkuhl, winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race."

Bass and Fatone, 29, are developing a sitcom pilot inspired by the screwball comedy "The Odd Couple," in which his character will be gay.

"The thing is, I'm not ashamed — that's the one thing I went to say," Bass says. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy."

___

Quote:

I am the arrogant one??? Damn right. People who think they are always right are very annoying to those of us who are. PS: I will post however I please. I will not use profanity. If you do not like my opinion, that is fine. But you should not be so arrogant as the disregard my point simply b/c I only have 11 posts. PSS: No, Lance did not return my call.

You have the right to post what you please. That doesn;t make it any less stupid. If this had been posted in the homecourt you make sense... But in the offtopic forum it comes off as pretty stupid.

Quote:

Quote:

You have the right to post what you please. That doesn;t make it any less stupid. If this had been posted in the homecourt you make sense... But in the offtopic forum it comes off as pretty stupid.

We also reserve the right to call you out for wanting to police an offtopic section of the forum. And isn't damn considered profanity? smirk.gif

I am not trying to "police" anything. I am simply pointing out that discussing whomever Lance Bass chooses to sleep with is a total waste of time. Do you not agree? My time means too much for me to waste time caring. I guess your time does not mean that much.

Quote:

I am not trying to "police" anything. I am simply pointing out that discussing whomever Lance Bass chooses to sleep with is a total waste of time. Do you not agree? My time means too much for me to waste time caring. I guess your time does not mean that much.

If you didn't care you wouldn't have clicked on the post.

Quote:

Quote:

This thread is entirely too fussy.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This thread is entirely too fussy.

I think this thread is entirely too funny. The time I spend on the squawk all of a sudden correlates to how important time is for me! ooo.gif