• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mel Gibson makes anti Jewish remarks after arrest

Plainview1981

• Moderators

A faction of Lebanon's government kidnapping two soldiers and killing others had nothing to do with it. Moreover, Israel dropping leaflets and other warnings in advance of attacks and setting up safe carridors is standard. Remember all the Hezbollah leaflets in advance of rocket attacks and suicide bombings? It is also Israel's fault that Hizbollah uses civilians as shields.

In all honesty, I do think that Israel's attacks at the infrastructure are the most troubling of its response to me.

• Premium Member

I applaud Israel for finally dropping bomb and rolling tank on Lebanon (or any terrorist nation). Interestingly enough, I watched Syriana and it's interesting how close to factual some of their details were. Back to the war. I think it is well within Israel's right to open up the can of whoopass on Lebanon. AND Because Hezballah is Shi'ite, none of the Arab nations that typically back terrorist are backing them... In fact, they have all condemned what Hezballah has done (with the exception of Iran and Syria). This has the possibility of turning into WW3. Iran is supplying Hezballah, Israel is backed by the U.S. and if Condi Rice can get the Saudis, Egypt, and Iraq to stand with the US against Hezballah, then there will be a big fight. I think what will happen is that a big fight will occur, the labanese will be driven into Syria and Israel will outright take over what is now known as Lebanon. IN order to do that, it would behoove them to give the Southern province of Israel from the West Bank to the Gaza Strip to the Palastinians. Otherwise there might be a war on two fronts.

Where i'm torn is that Israel only came into existence in 1948 with the independence war and 1954 with Israel being recognized as a state. However, it was the Crusaders under Pope Urban II who destroyed Israel in 1099. Then after the Ottomans and after WWI, the area known as Palestine was given to GB. It was GB who sent the Jews back to Palestine. The sad part are that the Palestinians (arabs) and the Jews were forced to share that same land. That's what led to all the wars that they have had and the ever increasing land grab by both groups.

There's no way to get along because the Arabs believe that it was their land since they were the Ottoman empire and because they were on the losing side of the war they were forced to take on the Jews. The Jews feel that it was their land from the beginning and if he had not been for a Pope who was power hungry and called for the anilation of everything not Christian (Urban II) then they would have never lost their land.

What happens if the "American Indians" go to the UN and ask for their country back?

Quote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14080210/

"According to the report, in addition to threatening the arresting deputy and trying to escape, Gibson said, “The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world,” and asked the officer, James Mee, “Are you a Jew?”"

I see this thread going nowhere in a hurry. I, for one, am not mature enough to comment on such things.

Quote:

A faction of Lebanon's government kidnapping two soldiers and killing others had nothing to do with it. Moreover, Israel dropping leaflets and other warnings in advance of attacks and setting up safe carridors is standard. Remember all the Hezbollah leaflets in advance of rocket attacks and suicide bombings? It is also Israel's fault that Hizbollah uses civilians as shields.

In all honesty, I do think that Israel's attacks at the infrastructure are the most troubling of its response to me.

It's a Catch-22 over there. HizB has no airpower so they know if they just "come out and fight" they'll be slaughtered by what is probably (pound for pound) the best military in existance. So they do as they've always done and assimilate into the overall society to survive while picking their spots - prompting strikes that inevitably destroy infrastructure and kill civilians. It's pretty similar to what's happening in Iraq...tactics-wise.

Kinda like the movie "Red Dawn"...

• Moderators

Except that Hizballah is being funded and supported by Syria and Iran who clearly are just using the Lebanese people as pawns in this struggle. I have more sympathy (sort of) for the palenstinians who are pretty well on their own and outgunned.

• Moderators

The question I saw someone ask that makes me lean towards Israel in this conflict to a large extent is "what would happen if the other side stopped fighting back?"

Do I think Israel would be invading Lebanon if they stopped being attacked from Lebanon? No.

Do I think Israel would continue to be attached if they adopted a pacifist approach? Yes.

Izraelis can not fight, yes they do have one of the best army because they are being supported by US, but they lookk to scared to be fighting with hezbollah ground attack.

Diesel i wouldn't call a can of whoop ass when somebody is droping bombs on innocent people, maybe if they had balls to fight chest to chest than you can say that.

Quote:

The question I saw someone ask that makes me lean towards Israel in this conflict to a large extent is "what would happen if the other side stopped fighting back?"

Do I think Israel would be invading Lebanon if they stopped being attacked from Lebanon? No.

Do I think Israel would continue to be attached if they adopted a pacifist approach? Yes.

Breaking my own rules and posting on this topic, because it's one very very close to my heart.

(First, I consider Lebanon a semi-innocent bystander in the war between Israel and Hizbollah. It's not Israel's fault, though, so essentially: sorry, Lebanon.)

The crux of the matter, to me, is this: Israel kills civilian children when they miss their targets. Hizbollah kills civilian children when they hit their targets.

Quote:

The crux of the matter, to me, is this: Israel kills civilian children when they miss their targets. Hizbollah kills civilian children when they hit their targets.

Izrael killed about 500 civilans already, they can't miss their targets all the time.

and Hezbollah killed about 50 Izraelis.

Izrael wants to kill as many civilans as they can, that must be their goal. I hope hazbollah stops them.

Quote:

Quote:

Izrael killed about 500 civilans already, they can't miss their targets all the time.

and Hezbollah killed about 50 Izraelis.

Izrael wants to kill as many civilans as they can, that must be their goal. I hope hazbollah stops them.

oy

• Moderators

Quote:

If Israel wanted to "kill as many civilians as they can" there would be a lot more dead and they wouldn't warn the civilians in advance that they are coming.

• Premium Member

You must not have seen them roll tanks.

moreover, the Hezballah are using those innocent peoples as Sheilds...

The thing about it is that Israel doesn't really care what the world says (unlike us)... Those innocent people have 48 hours from yesterday to get the hell out of dodge. And really, when the president of Lebanon give the big thumbs up to Hezballah even though they signed a treaty to say that they will do what they can to get rid of Hezballah... They bring this action upon themselves.

If the US had a terroristic group out of Montana who continued to do terroristic acts to Canada... and BUSH said he would stop them and then privately patted them on the back for their good work... Can't you see Canada seeing this as an act of war by the US when that Montana group attacked??

It's that simple.

Israel has the right to wipe Hezballah out and if Lebanon is in the way.. too bad.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I have more sympathy (sort of) for the palenstinians who are pretty well on their own and outgunned.

This fight is generations old... Since Mehmed II led the Ottoman empire to take over what was then Israel and the Holy Cities along with the rest of the arab world... until now... This fight has been long coming. Israel will have to leave no sign of Hezbollah... They know this. They also know that Hezbollah is another pawn to the other Shi'ite nations...

And you're right the palenstinians are somewhat innocent.. however, they won't let Israel rest and have peace so in the absence of Peace there can only be War. And in War.. Nobody wins...Somebody either resigns or ceases to be.

• Admin

You are an ignorant terrorist sympathizer. As you have proven in several threads already, you will jump at the chance to denounce anything Isreal may be doing. You, like every other terrorist sympathizer on the planet, turn a blind eye towards whatever they do and you will always, ALWAYS find a way to justify why it's ok for them (hezbollah or any other terrorist org) to kill innocent people by the bus (or club, or hospital or cafe) full and why it is a crime for Isreal (or anyone else) to actually defend themselves.

Quote:

You are an ignorant terrorist sympathizer. As you have proven in several threads already, you will jump at the chance to denounce anything Isreal may be doing. You, like every other terrorist sympathizer on the planet, turn a blind eye towards whatever they do and you will always, ALWAYS find a way to justify why it's ok for them (hezbollah or any other terrorist org) to kill innocent people by the bus (or club, or hospital or cafe) full and why it is a crime for Isreal (or anyone else) to actually defend themselves.

So basically, MW24 is the United Nations?