• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Bernie have given us a clue?

BornandDieHawks

Quote:

3) After the trade with Indiana, the Hawks have something in the wings for another big man who is available from another team. Bernie said the big man isn't Shaq but he is a player the fans will recognize and will say "that guy is a good player." He intimated the player had some success in the league over the past "3, 4, 5 years."

During his radio appearance last week Bernie stated the fans should recognized this mystery big man. L. Wright fits into that catogery because he played here before so the fans would know him and he has had a somewhat decent three years in Memphis.

There has been no word what so ever of anyone trying to get him. Could it be that Atlanta already has a deal in place and is waiting on the AL deal to go through before they announce it? What are your thoughts on this?

Quote:

Quote:

3) After the trade with Indiana, the Hawks have something in the wings for another big man who is available from another team. Bernie said the big man isn't Shaq but he is a player the fans will recognize and will say "that guy is a good player." He intimated the player had some success in the league over the past "3, 4, 5 years."

During his radio appearance last week Bernie stated the fans should recognized this mystery big man. L. Wright fits into that catogery because he played here before so the fans would know him and he has had a somewhat decent three years in Memphis.

There has been no word what so ever of anyone trying to get him. Could it be that Atlanta already has a deal in place and is waiting on the AL deal to go through before they announce it? What are your thoughts on this?

Lazy Lo.. my only thoughts: (paying attention, exodus?)

dogbroc_donotwant.jpg

Quote:

Hawks have something in the wings for another big man who is
available from another team.

The way I interpret that (of course, I didn't actually hear the interview) is we would acquire the "big man" by trade from another team. The closest thing to a FA type big man would be a S&T, and I doubt we would do that with Memphis seeing as they want to lower payroll.

We very well could be looking at Lo Wright, but I don't think Bernie is talking about him in this situation. I really believe it is/was Magloire and they just screwed up royally.

Quote:

Bernie should have kept his bloody mouth closed if he is talking about LW. To get people's hopes up and deliver LW is terrible.

I would be a little disappointed too. Not to take anything away from LW, I was hoping for a little more of an impact player; my hopes went to Portland.