• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Indy may back away

tmac13

At this point if I were Indy I would back away from Harrington and make an offer to Wilcox..Seattle would probably take a similar deal to the one Indy offered the Hawks since they are also in financial limbo..

Wilcox is 3 years younger, bigger, and can play center for Indy while leaving JO at the 4..In my mind he would make alot of sense there..

If Indy backs away, and we refuse to take back players in a trade, AL may be screwed..

• Premium Member

Wilcox is younger...

But he is far less proven and may not be worth the money. Indy needs a consistent scorer. They have not proven with Granger, Daniels, Williams, and Baston. Wilcox provides them with size but he's a carbon copy of JO without the scoring.

Moreover, Seattle and Wilcox will probably agree on a 3 year 24 million dollar deal. IF Indy comes in, it will be 5 years starting at 7.6 million. I don't know if that's how they should spend their money.

Quote:

Moreover, Seattle and Wilcox will probably agree on a 3 year 24 million dollar deal. IF Indy comes in, it will be 5 years starting at 7.6 million. I don't know if that's how they should spend their money.

It would be the same type of S&T deal that we had set up with Al. 6 years for $57 mil for cash and draft picks. I think Seattle would do that and its the contract Wilcox wants.

You are right though, I don't think Indy would actually want him.

Quote:

I see Wilcox as being too similar to JO to work well with him. Harrington is a much better fit, IMO.

Agree AHF...AL is a much better fit for Indy. Plus, he and JO are already friends so you can pretty much forget the jealousy over ppg type stuff. Therefore, if Indy in fact did shy away from a 1st and 3 mil for Al...what were they thinking?