• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Someone has to light the fire.

DJ_Money

(Tried to post this earlier, but the Squawk seemed to be down.)

Or at least keep it going.

We came out last night and played a great first 24 minutes. Big Dog was on fire early, and we kept feeding him. Theo and Nazr were playing very physical. I think they both came out motivated to play against Yao. We actually only turned the ball over 12 times, but that's about where the positives end.

I really, really wish I knew what happens in our locker room at halftime. Does the entire team take a nap? Do we sit around and discuss stock options? Obviously, we lose our focus.

We played with a burning fire in the first half. Houston stole that away and obliterated us in the 3rd.

What happened?

We let ourselves lose that game. Houston wasn't playing all that well, but any NBA player can makes those shots when they're that wide open.

We need a change. Someone has to light a fire under the player's asses, and keep the flame going for 48 minutes.

I don't know where to start, though. We need someone with passion. We need a true leader. Someone who's energy is so great, that everyone can feed off it.

I'm not going to blame everything on Lon, although I think he is a major part of our problems. He seems far too passive to me. We're not a team full of fragile rookies. We have veterans. Lon, stick a foot in their a**, and make them work. If we fire Lon, we need a intense coach. I'm not familiar enough with all the cantidates to say who would be best, but we need somebody LOUD. Somebody who will get the attention of the players, the fans, and the media.

We also could use some new blood in here. It's obvious that Big Dog is not going to be the spark that ignites us. I was hoping that JT would fill that role, but it doesn't look like that will happen. Theo and Nazr were trying to play that role against Houston, but neither of them can change a game by themselves.

I thought we still had a chance in the 3rd. I thought the turning point might be when 'Reef had that dunk over two Rockets. Make the dunk, get back on D, and shut them down. Slap the floor, do something. Get the team energized.

Right now, I'd give up just about anyone if we could get Ron Artest in here. I know Indy won't trade him, but he is my dream. He is the top perimeter defender in the league. Works harder than anyone that I have ever seen. He doesn't have a great offensive game, but works so hard that he averages 15 a game.

Philly, Indiana, San Antonio, Washington. 1-3 would be nice, but I can't see anything other than 0-4. I'm losing faith in the team, the coach, and the franchise as a whole.

The statement that really bothered me came after one

of our recent losses. After a time out, the team came

back on the floor and E-Mail said, "We didn't know what

to do." Duh!

One of three things happened.

{1} The coach didn't tell them anything.

{2} The coach told them but they didn't listen.

{3} They didn't understand what had been told them and

were just too embarrased to ask. Do what with the ball?

Run WHAT play? Never heard of that one!

Can't coach if they won't pay attention. Sad.

First half, we were at it strong! Robinson was putting on a show... but why take him out when he was shooting 9 for 10 (he had 1 block, and 9 swishes!!!!)?

why on earth do u take out a player thats playing so well? does he want the ROCKETS to catch up? Either way, we played well first and second quarter.... we had a lead!

at halftime, RUDY T had a new plan... he was going to send out 3 guards (mostly PGs) out to play. After that, well we know what happens next... KRUGER CANT ADJUST!!!

he was lost! he couldnt find an answer for that offense! It seems like 1 out of those 3 guards were left WIDE OPEN at the 3-point line EVERYTIME!

why we lost?

1)Robinson was on fire and we decided to bench him for scrubs like EMAIL (who imo is a 3rd string backup PG in this league).

2)Rudy T came out with 3 guards and then Lon couldnt find an answer.