• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I was calling for a Childress trade on draft night

CBAreject

Quote:

Hinrich is not THAT good.
Defensively, bad.

I'm all for it happening but none of that gets us more than 35 wins.

W

You don't watch basketball do you?

Critique Hinrichs offense all you want, but if you think he is a bad defender then you're blind. Hinrich has been one of the few people in the NBA actually capable of slowing Wade down.

And Hinrich isn't going anywhere, Paxson would trade his own child before he let Hinrich leave the Bulls - he's the face of the team and nobody plays harder. And his numbers aren't too shabby for a PG who is forced to spend half of his minutes at SG

the funny thing is that when childress is playing well next year all u guys will jump on the bandwagon again. theres a reason he has alot of trade value, bcuz hes gonna be a good player in this league and there is a reason that BK is reluctant to give him up. jus be patient. every player needs time to develop. jus last year you guys were dogging the marvin williams pick and now ur jumping on the bandwaggon bcuz he played well in the REVUE. i cant wait for the season to start so i can say told u so. he will be a vital part of this years team and will get a lot more than 15 minutes again. that has 2 b a joke.

• Premium Member

I still believe that it's stupid to want to trade Chillz for an unknown. That's just dumb.

Moreover, you have to realize that we are logjammed at every position (right now). We have enough pieces to field a team that could be pretty good but if there is a true need, it would take us to midseason to really find out what it is.

If Chillz must be traded (???) then maybe we should look into trading him with Utah for Deron Williams. However, there's no need to trade a guy who is an all around talent for a player that may not be able to be any good on this level.

• Premium Member

Hinrich is one of the best defensive players in the league, I have no idea where that comment came from or who said it but wow. Hinrich is one of those team captains you would kill to have on your team. We haven't had anyone since Ty Corbin/Grant Long who was willing to sell their body out to play defense and hustle the way Hinrich does.

"I told you so."

I love Childress. I never said he wouldn't be a good player. I don't know what part of "I hate to give him up" led you to believe I was calling him a flop.

I think Marcus Williams will be a good player, too, and I think we need him more than we need Childress.

I also never dogged the Marvin Williams pick (even though Paul would've been better for us in hindsight).