• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KG speaks the truth!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Timberwolves' Kevin Garnett in a coming issue of Slam Magazine: "…one thing that I can't stand is if I'm working hard and the organization upstairs isn't working hard, it's not fair. It's not fair to me."

Asked if he would want to leave if the Wolves don't improve, Garnett said: "I got to." Down the road somewhere? "I got to. If you're not working towards a championship, then why are we in this? I'm in it to win, man, I'm not in it to be coming back talking about next year. I'm 30. I've probably got four to five years, you know what I'm saying? My clock is ticking, man."

I wonder...with the trade exception from the future trade with Indy if we can possibly look to acquire KG. Minnesota obviously is not looking to build a championship team anytime soon. I'd hate to part with M. Williams, but with a lineup of:

1 Speedy/Lue

2 J. Johnson/Salim

3 J. Smith/Childress

4 K. Garnett/Sheldon Williams

5 ZaZa/Lo Wright

we would be pretty good. We could also part with Salim and/or Childress and our 1st round pick. But really the TE + Williams + Indy's First Rounder should be enough.

However, as usual with these types of situations, my predictions are that Minnesota will hold to Garnett until the end of his contract and will lose him and never again be close to winning a championship.