• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK's Job

BornandDieHawks

Quote:

...I think KB has already become senile. He only responds when there is a chance to praise BK and he doesn't try to defend him because...well you can't.

I bet he is a smart guy, but damn does he have any balls to say something against BK? Or is that blasphemy?

I think it's more "stay the course" hard-headedness with KB. I would love to be a fly on the wall the first time one of his patients says they are going the get a second opinion!

KB response: GET the #%*! OUT OF HERE YOU UNAPPRECIATIVE FOOL!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I think it's more "stay the course" hard-headedness with KB. I would love to be a fly on the wall the first time one of his patients says they are going the get a second opinion!

KB response: GET the #%*! OUT OF HERE YOU UNAPPRECIATIVE FOOL!!!

I really want to know where he ends up working. Not so I could visit, but so I could avoid it. He scares me everytime I think of him as a Doctor.

"Only idiot fans get second opinions"

"Don't ever question a professional"

Guest Walter

Quote:

If it doesn't, however, it can be completely attributed to BK's vision, because there is plenty of individual talent on this team, but it's missing the same key pieces throughout his entire tenure.

I would argue if we go to the playoffs we still might not be considered potential contenders in the coming years. I simply do not see this team remotely similar to its design being a title contender. Still, your entire post, especially summation is true. While I vote he be fired, it is a reflection of how little I believe this team will improve without Al and with SW, Lo, & Speedy and how poor their title contention prospects remain regardless. I believe we and BK deserve to see what this year's team does before a decision to fire or not fire him is made. I believe under no circumstances should BK be extended until after next season.

BK moved up the timetable one year by trading next year's pick (with Diaw and another 1st) for JJ. That was his call 100%. He owns the acceleration of development and should have to answer for it if it doesn't work out.

W

Quote:

He deserves a contract extension right now for what he has been able to do in remaking this roster.

Didn't he just get an extension in the past year? I want to say he was extended until the 09-10 season, but I am unsure. Someone please correct me because I am probably wrong about this anyway.

Guest Walter

I'm hopeful KB is not like his internet behavior suggests because it will definately make him a lesser doctor. I believe outside the confines of the internet, KB is perhaps more humble and willing to be challenged. I know I'm more humble when it comes to the arena of medicine than Hawks basketball. Alot more is at stake and alot less is known.

The blatant lieing and flip/flopping are a concern of a different nature. Integrity shouldn't be compromised. Wish him well, hope he learns.

W

dude, it's the internet. There's no way he's truly like that in real life.

In the same way, I would hope you don't go around telling everyone you know the same thought over and over for months in every conversation regardless of what they were talking about.

Quote:

Quote:

In the same way, I would hope you don't go around telling everyone you know the same thought over and over for months in every conversation regardless of what they were talking about.

Okay, I laughed at that.

i've got to get out of this office.

Quote:

He offered the max or near-max to both K-Mart and Damp, and if they had accepted we would ALL be going nuts right now. It's merely good fortune that they didn't.

grossly incorrect

yes, he offered max to kmart

he didn't go anywhere NEAR that with damp, which is why damp didn't sign with us...he wanted more money and we woudln't give it...dallas ended up offering more so he went there...we offered him much less than what he wanted and what dallas gave him...again, nowhere near the max

it wasn't good fortune, it was bk not willing to overspend for damp; he was ready to come here if we paid him but bk knew not to do that

The poll didn't have the option I was looking for.

If we make the playoffs, of course he'll be kept. If we make the playoffs, Woodson might get coach of the year, someone might get most improved player, JJ will be a lock for the All Star game.

I think the real question is, what will happen if we win something like 35 games? What if we improve, but are still a pretty bad team in the big picture?

Billy is doing an OK job at this point. we can finally see a "team" on the floor. i'm glad the ATL Spirit group had more patience, or dumb luck if you ask me, than I had.

IMO the Marvin Williams pick will define his legacy in Atlanta. The Joe Johnson trade will come in a close 2nd.

If you believe Marvin Williams can and will be a player in this league then you should have no problems with Billy Knight.

I vote

c. let's see what happens this season

P.S. i have to give Billy Knight major props for his smartest move as GM of the Hawks, not resigning Al Harrington. where would we be in 2 years if Billy invested $60 million on this guy? that would have been the fatal mistake that caused it all to unravel IMO.

Quote:

P.S. i have to give Billy Knight major props for his smartest move as GM of the Hawks, not resigning Al Harrington. where would we be in 2 years if Billy invested $60 million on this guy? that would have been
the
fatal mistake that caused it all to unravel IMO.

Jesus, my grandmother could look at this team for 5 minutes and know not to resign Al Harrington. When two of the team's top three players play the same position, there is no reason to keep another guy who will demand the starting spot at that position.

Quote:

Quote:

P.S. i have to give Billy Knight major props for his smartest move as GM of the Hawks, not resigning Al Harrington. where would we be in 2 years if Billy invested $60 million on this guy? that would have been
the

Jesus, my grandmother could look at this team for 5 minutes and know not to resign Al Harrington. When two of the team's top three players play the same position, there is no reason to keep another guy who will demand the starting spot at that position.

could and did anyone come out on this board 6 months ago and say with iron clad certainty that Billy Knight would not resign Al Harrington? you couldn't. Billy is too unpredictable.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I was really thinking JS and MW were both Sfs and without a dominant center (prospect) we needed to move the lesser of the two for similar talent at another position. laugh.gif

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Billy is doing an OK job at this point. we can finally see a "team" on the floor. i'm glad the ATL Spirit group had more patience, or dumb luck if you ask me, than I had.

IMO the Marvin Williams pick will define his legacy in Atlanta. The Joe Johnson trade will come in a close 2nd.

If you believe Marvin Williams can and will be a player in this league then you should have no problems with Billy Knight.

I vote

c. let's see what happens this season

I try to avoid stating my opinion on Knight because I don't wanna argue about him anymore, but I found this too close to my own view to ignore.

A good post.

Guest Walter

Quote:

...on a 1-dimensional Pf. Harrington was a 1-dimensional mostly Pf, only a better, offensive one.

Top 5 picks should be used to bench your beter young talent or fill 1-dimensional roles. My grandmother...and know not to draft SW at 5.

I just find it crazy that we trade away for very little a 1 dimensional Pf and pick another with a #5 pick. It just makes very little sense. Is there not a defensive Pf (PJ Brown-like) that we could get without costing us our top 5 pick!

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Does she know that SW was best defensive player in Ncaa and that we sucked on interior defense?

Not all good college defenders become good pro ones (JT for example), it was a weak year in college for interior defense to say the least, there are NBA vets that don't cost any draft capitol that would supplement our interior defense at Pf, would do so without benching one of our top two prospects, that center was the more important position to fill with a defensive stopper, that top 5 picks are reserved for more than 1-dimensional players unless at the center position, and that there were at least 3 players with significantly more talent drafted after we picked SW.

The landlord may not be landfill, but the pick stinks to high heaven.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

the

could and did anyone come out on this board 6 months ago and say with iron clad certainty that Billy Knight would not resign Al Harrington? you couldn't. Billy is too unpredictable.

Just because I didn't know if Billy was going to (though I hope to God it wasn't even considered), doesn't mean it's, as you said, "The smartest move as GM of the Hawks." If he resigned Al, it would have been his worst move easily. But ignoring a horrible move does not make a brilliant one.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

the

Just because I didn't know if Billy was going to (though I hope to God it wasn't even considered), doesn't mean it's, as you said, "The smartest move as GM of the Hawks." If he resigned Al, it would have been his worst move easily. But ignoring a horrible move does not make a brilliant one.

if Billy resigned Al "it would have been his worst move easily." However not resigning him wasn't one of his best? they are not mutually exclusive.

I think I'll be needing an interpreter to speak with you in the future.