• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Garnett's made some recent comments

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

...about not liking his team's offseason's moves. Would Minny go for a resigned Al Harrington, MW, and SW, Childress, O-R a future top 3 to unprotected 1st (2009) for Garnett?

Our lineup?

ZaZa

Garnet/SW

JS/Childress

JJ/Childress

Speedy/Lue

As long as we kept either MW or JS to man the Sf position, JJ at Sg, and ZaZa (needing a center to pair with Garnett) I would seriously consider it. Keeping Childress to BU both the Sg and Sf spot would be ideal. JJ and Garnett would be a 2-man force.

The salary difference between Garnett and what we would send if we include Al would be within our available cap space yet would preclude us from taking on any additional bad contracts from Minny.

My thoughts? Minny has so many bad contracts their "rebuilding" can't begin until they get rid of several of those bad contracts. Thus, they won't trade Garnett and get rebuilding capitol until they can afford to rebuild. On our side? He costs a fortune (for 3 more years) but could be the difference maker with JJ and the right remaining tools left after trade.

W

• Premium Member

Minnesota not only has spent too much on KG (even though he's worth it).. They took every bad contract that they could find. Because of this, I think that Minny would not take a trade on KG unless they could also unload 1 to 2 bad contracts. The only teams thus far with another cap compensation to play that game with Minnesota are NY, Denver, Indy, or Philadelphia.

IF we tried to get in the KG sweepstakes, this is what we would have to give:

Al (frontloaded contract starting at 11 million), Speedy, Marvin, and Zaza for KG and Blount...

In the end, we'd have:

Lue, JJ, JSmoove, KG, Blount.

If we didn't take Blount back, we could get back Troy Hudson..

Hudson, JJ, JSmoove, KG, Lo.

However, I think it would be a problem for Minnesota. Would they have gotten back enough capital?

Other teams like Utah could give more enticing deals...

Boozer, Gircek, Fisher.

Frye, Rose, Crawford for KG, Hassell.

In the end, I think KG will force Minnesota to trade him and the team that will take him will probably be the Knicks... and KG will probably make them winners.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I would love KG, but I wouldn't give up that much...

If we gave up only MW, Al, and a future (2009) top 3 protected 1st that would be a steal. I don't get it. You have to pay to play in this.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Marvin is untouchable at the moment. I know that pains W and D but it's the truth. The only trade I would consider for Garnett would be something like Al, Zaza and a future 1st.

Chris Paul might be untouchable, but he's the only player from that class that could or should be. ON top of that we have two other Sfs. What exactly is untaouchable if MW is and Garnett isn't?

W

What makes Marvin untouchable to me is that I have faith, unlike you, that Marvin will be the star he was "hyped" up to be. I agree that Paul is the best player of that class and is definitely the most untouchable. But it's wrong to have expected Paul and MW to have produced the same last year when they're at different stages of their respective careers. The only thing they have in common is that they were rookies. Paul had more experience and a bigger role to fill than MW. Marvin is still very, very young and will prove many naysayers wrong this season with notable overall improvement.

As for Garnett, he is still a very valuable player but is probably past his prime and will continue to decline, if ever so slightly, each passing season. That's why he is not untouchable. I'm not willing to give up on either Smoove or MW, who have yet to approach their prime, in any trade for an aging superstar.

Quote:

...about not liking his team's offseason's moves. Would Minny go for a resigned Al Harrington, MW, and SW, Childress, O-R a future top 3 to unprotected 1st (2009) for Garnett?

Our lineup?

ZaZa

Garnet/SW

JS/Childress

JJ/Childress

Speedy/Lue

As long as we kept either MW or JS to man the Sf position, JJ at Sg, and ZaZa (needing a center to pair with Garnett) I would seriously consider it. Keeping Childress to BU both the Sg and Sf spot would be ideal. JJ and Garnett would be a 2-man force.

The salary difference between Garnett and what we would send if we include Al would be within our available cap space yet would preclude us from taking on any additional bad contracts from Minny.

My thoughts? Minny has so many bad contracts their "rebuilding" can't begin until they get rid of several of those bad contracts. Thus, they won't trade Garnett and get rebuilding capitol until they can afford to rebuild. On our side? He costs a fortune (for 3 more years) but could be the difference maker with JJ and the right remaining tools left after trade.

W

H*ll no.

Quote:

Quote:

I would love KG, but I wouldn't give up that much...

If we gave up only MW, Al, and a future (2009) top 3 protected 1st that would be a steal. I don't get it. You have to pay to play in this.

W

Kg couldn't get to the finals with Wally, Spree, and Cassell.... He ain't getting there with JJ and a team that lacks depth.

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin is untouchable at the moment. I know that pains W and D but it's the truth. The only trade I would consider for Garnett would be something like Al, Zaza and a future 1st.

Chris Paul might be untouchable, but he's the only player from that class that could or should be. ON top of that we have two other Sfs. What exactly is untaouchable if MW is and Garnett isn't?

W

KG is aging and hasn't done enough winning wise to make it worth giving up all that much for.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Kg couldn't get to the finals with Wally, Spree, and Cassell.... He ain't getting there with JJ and a team that lacks depth.

ZaZa/Lo

Garnet/SW

JS/Childress

JJ/Childress

Speedy/Lue

While we have to give up talent to get a superstar, does that team really lack depth to you?

W

Would Minny go for a resigned Al Harrington, MW, and SW, Childress, O-R a future top 3 to unprotected 1st (2009) for Garnett?"

I thought you were saying you'd give up:

re-signed Al

Marvin Williams

S.Williams

Childress or a top 3 unprotected

That's just too much if that's what your saying."

I might give up re-signed Al, SW, Childress for him... But not MW too. That's too much.

Guest Walter

I thought Faith played for the WNBA.

Anyhow...

Quote:

What makes Marvin untouchable to me is that I have
faith
, unlike you, that Marvin will be the star he was "hyped" up to be...Paul had more experience and a bigger role to fill than MW. Marvin is still very, very young and will prove many naysayers wrong this season with notable overall improvement.

BTW, Paul had played only ONE MORE YEAR OF COLLEGE than MW. There's not a whole lot of difference between them in terms of years experience. In fact, MW should put up Paul-like numbers this year if experience were an indication. That is also considering how much harder it is to develop into the Pg position than the Sf one.

Quote:

As for Garnett, he is still a very valuable player but is probably past his prime and will continue to decline, if ever so slightly, each passing season.

I'll take Garnett for the next 3 years between the ages of 30-32 over anything MW's does! That is not a knock on MW but Garnett is the truth. He's never missed more than 6 games in a season but once in 11 yrs! 22/13 is a down year signaling his decline? These 3 years will continue to be his prime and with he and JJ they would contend. If MW EVER in his life averages 22/13 everyone whould be shocked! In short Eddielives, are you suggesting you have "faith" MW produce 218/12.7/4.1 ast/1.4 B/1.4 stl season while shooting anywhere near 52.6% from the floor? There is no way in hell he will much less should be expected to and you know it. That's just a testament to how good Garnett really is.

MW's got outplayed by Ryan Gomes and Granger. As good as anyone 19 COULD BE that isn't a great indication they will ever be worth what Garnett is at most any age. "faith", fan optimism, or no.

W

Guest Walter

WE'd have to give up either JS or MW to get Garnett. The "O-R" was refering to would they take EITHER SW, a top 3 protected 1st, or Childress along with Al.

W

Quote:

WE'd have to give up either JS or MW to get Garnett. The "O-R" was refering to would they take EITHER SW, a top 3 protected 1st,
or
Childress along with Al.

W

No deal...

KG likely has two prime years left and there's nothing to suggest the Hawks could go deep into the playoffs with him because he's never got out of the second round before...

If he can't get there with Wally/Spree/Cassell/Hudson I have my doubts that he could get to the finals with JJ/JS/Speedy when infact he will be aging before very long.

Guest Walter

now and he's 30 with 3 years left on his contract. He definately will play at a superstar level throughout this contract.

If JS, MW, or SW ever average his numbers we'd all freak out.

W

lakers got Odom, Butler, Grant and a late 1st rnd pick for Shaq is better than KG.

From that group Lakers only kept Odom and traded Butler for Kwame so basicly they just got Odom and Kwame for Shaq!!

And you want to give up Al, MW, Shelden Chill and a pick for KG??

HAHAHA confused.gif

unbelivable!

Quote:

now and he's 30 with 3 years left on his contract. He definately will play at a superstar level throughout this contract.

If JS, MW, or SW ever average his numbers we'd all freak out.

W

His impact on a game isn't as close to what his numbers suggest. He doesn't step it up in big games and that's why he's never made a finals.

I care about the team winning. KG has never been able to do anything but win regular season games.

It isn't just about one player vs. another.... You don't give up a bunch of your young talent for 3 years for what likely would be 2nd round losses at best. There's very few players I'd give all that young players up for.

An overpaid star who's impact on a game isn't what his stats suggest is not one of those guys.

KG was and never will be anything more than a stat player. That's not saying that he's not good or anything... But you can't add him to a team with no other superstar player and expect the finals.... And Joe Johnson is not a superstar player.

If the Hawks are going to win, it's going to be in the mode of the Bulls.

2 or 3 years ago I would have considered it... But neither MW or JS should be traded for a 30-31 year old at this time.

I'd be willing to give up anyone other than JJ/MW/JS because that's the teams core. Atleast IMO.

Guest Walter

Quote:

And you want to give up Al, MW, Shelden Chill and a pick for KG??

HAHAHA
confused.gif

unbelivable!

That was Al, JS or MW, and SW, Chill, O-R a pick for KG?

That's 3 people or 2 people and a draft pick we trade for KG.

W