• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Centers or PF's in the 2007 draft

Blunt91

I was thinking that we probably will have to draft our center of the future rather than nab one in Free Agency next summer. So who are some likely candidates other than Greg Ogden & Joakim Noah? Those 2 will be gone when we pick. I wonder could the Hawks trade up with using Childress + the Indy pick to move up to let's say the 11thpick? Would there be a Center or a PF with size(at least 6'10) whom would be a good prospect? I would even take Big Baby even though he is 6'8 but he has size. If we ended up with the 23rdpick and Big Baby was going to go around the 17thpick I would package Salim with the 23rd pick to move up to pick him. Sure he might not be worth Salim & a late 1strounder but he provides size and skill in a bigman which we need. We can always get another sharpe shooter in the 2ndround.

• Premium Member

Here's my Hawks top 6 for now...

1. Noah

2. Oden

3. Hansbrough

4. Horford

5. Hibbert..

6. Davis

My expectation is that Corey Brewer and Giddens will have big years. Fla may just repeat.

Thabeet will be taken high if he comes out... but I wouldn't want him for the Hawks.

I think it is premature to say we will look at at big man. given that we have so many young guys and bigs traditionally develop more slowly, we need to see how they grow into their roles. I think there may be a bigger need for a young pg for the future to develop under Speedy.

I don't know about this year's draft, but I am looking at the Greece v. Turkey game on NBA TV right now and Greece has this black guy nicked named "Baby Shaq". He is 6'11 and 320, and athletic as hell...we need to give this dude a contract.

I also leared that Cenk Akoyol last names is pronounced AK-KEE-All and not OH-KOY-IL

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think it is premature to say we will look at at big man. given that we have so many young guys and bigs traditionally develop more slowly, we need to see how they grow into their roles. I think there may be a bigger need for a young pg for the future to develop under Speedy.

It depends on the free agent market as well, particularly which RFA's will be available.

• Premium Member

This is a big man draft. You got to strike while the iron is hot.

As far as a PG is concerned, that's what you did with the 2nd round and with trades. The truth is we ought to trade Lue for another first rounder.

Maybe somehow getting the Lakers to give us Mihm for Lue early.. then moving Mihm for a first later.

Quote:

I don't know about this year's draft, but I am looking at the Greece v. Turkey game on NBA TV right now and Greece has this black guy nicked named "Baby Shaq". He is 6'11 and 320, and athletic as hell...we need to give this dude a contract.

I also leared that Cenk Akoyol last names is pronounced AK-KEE-All and not OH-KOY-IL

He's been drafted already. His name is Sofoklis Schortsanitis and he was drafted by the CLippers in 2003, and as such they still own his rights.

He has a serious weight problem. Last year he weighed in at 400+, lost weight gained more then lost again.

Quote:

One more thing. I love to root for the underdog so I am hoping that Solomon may be a sleeper for us. A young Theo Rattliff in the making. Would also love to see Esteban evolve into a good role player.

being so early, there's no telling what will happen. i'm really pulling for solomon and el toro, too. even if solomon is playing for the nbdl this year, he'll be ready to play for the hawks by this time next year (let's hope). it would be nice to pick up a great big, but honestly, i wouldn't be disappointed one bit if we picked up r. steele, pg from alabama in the next draft. some mock drafts out now show that we could possibly get him in the area of the pacer's pick to us without having to do anything (i.e. trade up, which billy hasn't had any luck doing in past drafts). how sad is it that the '06 season hasn't even started yet, and we're already trying to make our picks for the '07 draft?

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

One more thing. I love to root for the underdog so I am hoping that Solomon may be a sleeper for us. A young Theo Rattliff in the making. Would also love to see Esteban evolve into a good role player.

i'm really pulling for solomon and el toro, too. i wouldn't be disappointed one bit if we picked up r. steele, pg from alabama in the next draft. some mock drafts out now show that we could possibly get him in the area of the pacer's pick to us without having to do anything (i.e. trade up, which billy hasn't had any luck doing in past drafts).

Steele, if he continues to develop, will go too high in the draft by draft time, but he's a good player to wish for. El toro, my favorite Hawk. We should hope to make this guy our Bill Lambier. He's better than the minutes he gets.

W