• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the cheap Shoe take over Basketball?

Diesel

• Premium Member

asap_lifestyles_marbury_s_c1_300.jpg

I applaud Marbury.

He's coming out with a cheap line of shoes... $15.00. He's doing it because the price of Shoes have become outrageous and the violence behind shoes are unneccessary.

I really hope the cheap shoe really drive the market back down to what's reasonable. Shoes cost $10< to develop and make. So why are people paying >$150.00 for Shoes?

Marbury got it right!

I love what Marbury is trying to do. With that said, Marbury has never been considered a superstar and his star power has went down over the past few years. Until you get the Kobe's, T-Macs, Lebron James, and DWade..etc to endorse a shoe like this they will not sell like they should...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Until you get the Kobe's, T-Macs, Lebron James, and DWade..etc to endorse a shoe like this they will not sell like they should...

Well, Shaq's shoe retails at $40.00.

I don't think it matters as much for Basketball anymore. I think that in the day, there were Jordan's, Barkley's, and Ewings that costed a arm and a leg. I don't think Shoes mean as much (adwise) as they use to.

Mainly, Starbury has marketted his shoe (first) to his hometown (Coney Island Projects). I think that's comparable to Josh Smith or Dwight Howard selling a Shoe in Atlanta. It doesn't matter how big a star they are, their hometownees will buy the shoe... However, Marbury plans to wear the shoes all season to promote.

I still applaud him because this may be the first kink in the armor of the Shoe Companies' monopoly at all cost.

I saw this a few weeks ago and I definately feel like that was the perfect thing to do. His shoes have all the quality of the $100+ shoes, they don't look too bad (especially the all black ones) and he'll be wearing them too. Great idea that should bank a lot of chips. Shaq shoes are always cheap, but they always look cheap too, so no one really wears them. LOL!

I definitely like what Marbury is doing regarding bucking the trend of $150+ shoes. Although consumers tend to set the price and as long as people value shoes as much as they do, the price tag will stay in the $100 range. After all, we're living in a society that pays actors more per movie than we pay teachers per school year. Go figure. confused.gif